PDA

View Full Version : Tried a new glass cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

Eskimo
03-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I purchased some glass cleaner today at Sam`s Club, Sprayway, ammonia free, says its streakless, 4 pack of 19 oz cans for 7.73. I really like it, sprays a foam, I prefer it to the Stoners I`ve been using, cost is alot better also. Does anyone use this?

JaredPointer
03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I used to use Sprayway glass cleaner a few years ago. it got hard for me to find locally, and since Stoner`s IG is on every corner, I switched over to it. Sprayaway is a good cleaner though. I`d still use it if it could be found around me.

mrclean81
03-19-2010, 01:11 PM
A little unknown fact about sprayway..car brite glass clean is sprayway in a differant can. I used CB glass cleaner for years and never knew it until my rep told me. Apparantly several highly reputable companies do this with products like aerosol dressings and dry foam cleaners. I guess sprayway makes good stuff if other companies want to market it as their own.

Beemerboy
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
I been using SW for some time now, I like it better than Stoners IG

JohnHenry
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I been using SW for some time now, I like it better than Stoners IG

Same here, and incredibly inexpensive at the warehouse club stores.

Bunky
03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
I use sprayway a lot. I use other glass products too just to rotate but Sprayway is nice.

doctordon
03-20-2010, 10:27 AM
. . . it got hard for me to find locally. I`d still use it if it could be found around me.

Jared - it`s available at my WalMart in the section with Windex and other glass cleaners @ $2.48 a can. You might want to check out a store in your area.

RTexasF
03-20-2010, 11:24 AM
A staple for years. Excellent results and cheap is my kind of product.

65chevy
03-20-2010, 10:13 PM
also home cheapo

jays04mach1
03-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Pretty much any grocery store has it too.

ROCKNROLL
03-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Good stuff, I recently found it retail too ,I like it.....smells good too ! :D

Mr. Clean
03-22-2010, 12:43 PM
I purchased some glass cleaner today at Sam`s Club, Sprayway, ammonia free, says its streakless, 4 pack of 19 oz cans for 7.73. I really like it, sprays a foam, I prefer it to the Stoners I`ve been using, cost is alot better also. Does anyone use this?

I can hardly tell the difference between to the two. What is it about the Sprayway product that you find superior, or is it a cost issue? FWIW, my experience is just the opposite of JP`s. Sprayway is everwhere and Stoner`s IG seems to be found on occasion at Sam`s Club.

I`m not a huge fan of the foaming nature of either of those two products for use on interior glass surfaces though I do use them with some regularity on exterior glass and household glass surfaces. I`ve been using Hope`s Perfect Glass for a while now for auto interior glass (2l @ $6 w/coupon) though I`m considering a concentrate such as Zep, Meg`s, AM etc.

Eskimo
03-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Mr Clean, the Sprayway doesn`t streak while the Stoner`s I`ve used I had to work hard not to streak, also the cost is much cheaper, I use it on interior glass also but usually have a large towel to lay down on the edges so the foam doesn`t get everywhere.

Mr. Clean
03-22-2010, 04:11 PM
That it works for you is the most important factor.

Glass cleaners streak for several reasons, the one I see most often is when the glass is hot, the cleaner dries before you can get it wiped down. Working in direct sun doesn`t help matters.

njcarting1
03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Thats a great price on that many cans, its a good glass cleaner.:howdy