PDA

View Full Version : Could water spots on glass be acid rain?

mcate
03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
A friend of mine asked me tonight how to get water spots off of his windshield. I recommended clay, but he said he`d already tried that. I`ve never had spots on glass bad enough that clay wouldn`t work, so I`m wondering if he he`s got acid rain spots? He says the paint has acid rain spots. I`ve just never seen them in glass.

mrclean81
03-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Soak the window down with glass cleaner and lightly scrub it with steel wool then clean it as usual. I know it sounds harsh but trust me it won`t hurt the glass. You can also remove overspray, old bugs that won`t come off, etc. I`m sure there is some fancy product that does the same thing, but this is a cheap and effective fix.

tuscarora dave
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I hit the glass with my DA with finish pads and Pro Polish or whatever finish polish I have on hand and they are like new again. Claying is too much work for me. I have also used Just window cleaner with the DA on a polishing pad and it works just as well.

Beemerboy
03-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Soak the window down with glass cleaner and lightly scrub it with steel wool then clean it as usual. I know it sounds harsh but trust me it won`t hurt the glass. You can also remove overspray, old bugs that won`t come off, etc. I`m sure there is some fancy product that does the same thing, but this is a cheap and effective fix.

Using 0000 steel wool and it should lift the spots...I`ve even used a razor on some that are real bad. If all else fails these are the water spots people. I have there paste water spot remover and nothing stand in its way

A-MAZ (http://www.amaz.biz/)

Ronkh
03-04-2010, 11:40 PM
PB Pro polish

Bon Ami
(original formula)

Bar Keepers friend

mcate
03-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanx everyone, I`ll forward the info.