PDA

View Full Version : Talk About Some Sore Loosers

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
03-01-2010, 11:48 AM
The US hockey team, the sad looks on their faces was an embarrassment to me. OK so they didn`t win the gold, but second place in the world standing is not bad, at least accept the metal with a smile on your face.

Scott P
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Not having a smile on their faces do not make them sore losers. They were disappointed after coming so close to one of the highest athletics achievements. For them not look sad and disappointed is to be expected.

Mr. Clean
03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Don`t you remember the Wide World of Sports intro? It`s all about the
thrill of victory and the agony of defeat or I guess that could be the agony of de feet for those marathoners. :D

GearHead_1
03-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I member that spot. I wonder where the Eddie the Eagle of that day is today?

Mr. Clean
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Eddie the Eagle? Was that the "agony of defeat" guy? Whoa! That clip was unforgettable, wasn`t it?

We had Eddie "The Eagle" Belfour "between the pipes" (Ha!Ha! a Texan spouting hockey speak :D) for the Dallas Stars. While here he became my hero when, in a drunken stupor", offered the Dallas Police ONE BILLION DOLLARS not to arrest him. :rofl

GearHead_1
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Wasn`t Eddie the Eagle the British Ski Jumper about 2 decades back? He was just happy to be in the Olympics. I was making reference to his ski jumping and the guy who crashed over and over again in the agony of defeat.

As many times as I saw that commercial I never saw him get off the end of the jump successfully. :)

Mr. Clean
03-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Dang good memory there GH. At least according to Wikipedia it was the `88 games. Interesting little back story on that, if the account is accurate. It also mentioned that he was one of the torch bearers for this years Olympics. Though it didn`t note his current whereabouts or doings.

mcate
03-01-2010, 07:19 PM
That male Russian figure skater was THE sore loser of the Olympics.

CharlesW
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
One thing to keep in mind about competitive sports is the emotional level gets pretty high and at the level these guys achieve, it is off the scale.
Some comments from years past that I have been knowm to use. (Not original statements, just things I heard and repeated.)
1. A good loser is still a loser.
2. 2nd place is the first loser.
3. It winning isn`t all that important, why do they keep score?
4. There`s a winner and then there`s all the rest.

Blackfire
03-01-2010, 07:52 PM
They didn`t look any more disappointed than they do when they lose during regular season of NHL play.

If the skates were on the other feet, Team Canada would have shown the same expressions.

GearHead_1
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
This is the only person that I saw that really looked like they were "let down".

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2010/01/19/video-uk-olympic-bobsledder-gillian-cooke-wardrobe-malfunction/

rabbi
03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
The skier shown falling off the jump on Wide World of Sports (Agony of defeat)was Vinko Bogataj from Slovenia.:passout:

GearHead_1
03-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Rabbi, I think you`re slipping. I expected one slanted comment on the above link.

The skier shown falling off the jump on Wide World of Sports (Agony of defeat)was Vinko Bogataj from Slovenia.:passout:

rabbi
03-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Rabbi, I think you`re slipping. I expected one slanted comment on the above link.

I was at work and could not bring up the link.:passout:

GearHead_1
03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Oh c`mon.

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2010/01/19/video-uk-olympic-bobsledder-gillian-cooke-wardrobe-malfunction/