PDA

View Full Version : The Grass is Greener?

Beemerboy
02-26-2010, 10:54 AM
On the other side of the fence?

What I mean by that (Black Bart:D just kidding) Car care products that come from Europe or other parts of the world (non-US) Have to be better than those made here.

I read this in forums all day long. I wonder if the same holds true for them, wanting to get their hands on US products.

Sorry just a fledgling thought of mine.

Yours?:D

JaredPointer
02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
I just passed on the autoglym HD wax at wal-mart. For $35, I just could not justify having any more wax sitting on the shelf. Looks like a nice little package though.

Beemerboy
02-26-2010, 01:33 PM
JP,

So would you think that the Autoglym be any better than Natty`s?

JaredPointer
02-26-2010, 02:01 PM
I don`t know. I haven`t used the HD Wax from Autoglym, but I`ve read some positive things about it. If I were gonna get it, I`d need to sell some of my other pastes I guess.

I do think that this is out of the price range of most folks who are looking for car care stuff at WM. They also had the palm perfect applicators, but at $7 a pop, I don`t really see those being big WM sellers either. Maybe I`m wrong.

Mr. Clean
02-26-2010, 02:23 PM
I don`t know. I haven`t used the HD Wax from Autoglym, but I`ve read some positive things about it. If I were gonna get it, I`d need to sell some of my other pastes I guess.

I do think that this is out of the price range of most folks who are looking for car care stuff at WM. They also had the palm perfect applicators, but at $7 a pop, I don`t really see those being big WM sellers either. Maybe I`m wrong.

Those look interesting enough. I share you skepticism of the $7 price point, but will admit that I would probably pick one up to try if they make an appearance at a W-M near me.

(901)
02-26-2010, 06:13 PM

This project will fail (Wal-Mart/Autoglym) If they(Autoglym) were going to do this they should have used Autozone to market there product :rockon

I think those palm applicators would be a pain in the butt myself....And I certainally wouldn`t pay almost $8 for an applicator that cost .25 cents to make :crazy2:

black bart
02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Dave you drive a BMW cost of wax is not an Issues when you drive a Beamer.

Beemerboy
02-26-2010, 06:41 PM

BB...I`m not driving one at the moment, I really don`t look that much at cost, unless its really expensive..but this was not about cost, but more about what attracts people to want to buy products that are from another part of the world, when what we have here maybe / is just as good.

Grass greener syndrome

black bart
02-26-2010, 06:53 PM
BB...I`m not driving one at the moment, I really don`t look that much at cost, unless its really expensive..but this was not about cost, but more about what attracts people to want to buy products that are from another part of the world, when what we have here maybe / is just as good.

Grass greener syndromeI got to stop buying every thing I see my financial adviser aka wife said that I have hundreds of bottles of stuff that I will never get around to using. :yikes:

elk42
02-26-2010, 06:54 PM
I think you`ve been without a "Bimmer" for too long now. Since ive been posting on Bimmerfest, you`ve not had a BMW. Check out the CPO`s and bargain.

Beemerboy
02-26-2010, 07:03 PM
I think you`ve been without a "Bimmer" for too long now. Since ive been posting on Bimmerfest, you`ve not had a BMW. Check out the CPO`s and bargain.

I`m looking for an M3 now, the ones that I like are either the late 90`s cars or the new generation car, meaning the last two years.

Really the older models have more appeal to me:D

Ronkh
02-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I think those palm applicators would be a pain in the butt myself....And I certainally wouldn`t pay almost $8 for an applicator that cost .25 cents to make :crazy2:

Especially since I throw mine out after use.

Ronkh
02-26-2010, 07:35 PM

Wow. :hmmm:

JohnHenry
02-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey! You know those Germans always make good stuff! It holds twenty times its weight in liquid!!!

WOW! got carried away there.....

Ronkh
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey! You know those Germans always make good stuff! It holds twenty times its weight in liquid!!!

Only if you leave the top open. :lmfao