PDA

View Full Version : Please give me some feedback

Pages : [1] 2

AutopiaAdmin
02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
I want to start out by thanking everyone for the warm welcome I received upon the announcement of my return as the guy in charge here at Detail City.

Since the announcement, I`ve been looking for ways to improve the forum and set the site up to handle sustainable growth while maintaining the friendly "small town" feel.

I`m reaching out to all members, both longtime and new. Tell me what you like about Detail City, and what you don`t like. What features do you like about other forums, and what you don`t like. Essentially, what`s missing here and what would make Detail City stand above the rest. I`m looking forward to your feedback. Let`s hear your thoughts, you can make a difference here!

One thing that I want to ask everyone, especially the long time members. Please keep it friendly even if you feel like you are dealing with sometime less than friendly or helpful. If you see something that you don`t like, please contact me via PM so that I can handle any potential situations. This isn`t a big problem here but when things do arise, we need to keep in mind that a particular thread may be someone`s first impression of the site and we always want to put our best foot forward. Thanks for being a member here, let`s work together to take Detail City to a higher level.

Poorboy
02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Just having you back in control Dwayne is a step in the right direction:bigups no offense to Troy & Sheila ;) but this was your baby :)

Gus-Gus
02-22-2010, 01:56 PM
I cant say that im an old timer.. but from the time ive been here DC has been a great source of information..

Maybe if the owner were to stop into the late night chats every now and then and impart some knowledge on us folks that would be good.. get yourself out there and in the spotlight ;)

Maybe a give away every once in a while.. sort of like a contest or some sort..

cwcad
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Keep up the good work is what I say. Glad your back! When I have a good idea I will get back with you.

I still have one clean DC hat you sold me years ago saved for my Little Detailer. I gave one to Tex Star Detail. I am wearing presently, one well worn DC hat in your honor as I type. It was and still is a great hat!! I wear it often.

Mister B
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
I am not new to detailing forums, but I am new to the Detail City forum. I’ve only browsed around a little bit over the last few days, but everything looks fairly good so far. The only thing that sticks out to me is how slow the forum loads when I am at work. Like when I switch between threads. Anytime I go to a new page or go back to the previous page I get approximately a 4 – 5 second delay before the page starts to load. When I am at home I do not have this delay at all and we have a much faster connection at work, so I don’t understand why this happens. Also, this is the only forum that I have this problem with.

Other than that one thing, everything looks good so far. Looking forward to seeing what goes on here at DC in the future. :bigups

I hope I did not sound negative, as that was not my intention. I just wanted to provide you with some feedback on what I noticed, like you had asked.

Thanks Dwayne, :cheers:

Brian

Tex Star Detail
02-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes Kirk! I remember that!! That was, years ago! :) I took a pic of my newborn with the hat on. Computer crashed and it`s on the hard drive on that comp.... :(

holland_patrick
02-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Tapatalk

Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia forum app for vBulletin and phpBB (http://www.tapatalk.com/)

that would be cool

JaredPointer
02-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Definitely a way to view the site using an iphone or other smart phone would be nice.

AutopiaAdmin
02-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Maybe if the owner were to stop into the late night chats every now and then and impart some knowledge on us folks that would be good.. get yourself out there and in the spotlight ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. My concern wpould be that the late night chats are a small group and the conversations aren`t archived for the benefit of the general public. Meaning, it is nice for small talk but I`d rather impart knowledge in a thread where everyone can read it anytime. Not saying that I won`t stop by, I may just do it and chit chat for a bit.

AutopiaAdmin
02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Keep up the good work is what I say. Glad your back! When I have a good idea I will get back with you.

I still have one clean DC hat you sold me years ago saved for my Little Detailer. I gave one to Tex Star Detail. I am wearing presently, one well worn DC hat in your honor as I type. It was and still is a great hat!! I wear it often.

That`s awesome. We may have to look into more DC Gear since the hats were so popular. Maybe do some T shirts too.

AutopiaAdmin
02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I am not new to detailing forums, but I am new to the Detail City forum. I’ve only browsed around a little bit over the last few days, but everything looks fairly good so far. The only thing that sticks out to me is how slow the forum loads when I am at work. Like when I switch between threads. Anytime I go to a new page or go back to the previous page I get approximately a 4 – 5 second delay before the page starts to load. When I am at home I do not have this delay at all and we have a much faster connection at work, so I don’t understand why this happens. Also, this is the only forum that I have this problem with.

Other than that one thing, everything looks good so far. Looking forward to seeing what goes on here at DC in the future. :bigups

I hope I did not sound negative, as that was not my intention. I just wanted to provide you with some feedback on what I noticed, like you had asked.

Thanks Dwayne, :cheers:

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the post. All feedback is welcome and beneficial to making the site bettter. Do any other sites load slowly at your place of employment or just Detail City? My first thought is there may be some filters or a firewall in place slowing things down but I would think that it would slow down all sites and not just DC. Any IT guys out there have ideas on this one?

AutopiaAdmin
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Tapatalk

Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia forum app for vBulletin and phpBB (http://www.tapatalk.com/)

that would be cool

Aww yeah! This is the stuff that I need so don`t be holdin` out on me! :bigups:bigups:bigups:bigups

AutopiaAdmin
02-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Definitely a way to view the site using an iphone or other smart phone would be nice.

Thanks to holland_patrick, this is in progress!

Ronkh
02-23-2010, 01:39 PM
That`s awesome. We may have to look into more DC Gear since the hats were so popular. Maybe do some T shirts too.

Coffee mugs

Travel mugs (make sure they are good ones too, so they don;t drip on our freshly detailed cars)

Troy@Protekt
02-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Hey I got a great idea. :idea

How about increasing the character limit for member`s signatures so my signature will show up right again. :gotcha: