PDA

View Full Version : How does this rigme sound?

Pages : [1] 2

wallyStang
02-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I have a porter cable with the edge 2k system and buffing pads.

Yellow cut pad with ssr 2.5.
green med cut pad with ssr 1
blue finishing pad with black hole
nattys blue by hand once per week

Also should i re clay the vehicle since it was clayed last week??? I will be doin this in march.

Poorboy
02-09-2010, 10:49 AM
I have a porter cable with the edge 2k system and buffing pads.

Yellow cut pad with ssr 2.5.
green med cut pad with ssr 1
blue finishing pad with black hole
nattys blue by hand once per week

Also should i re clay the vehicle since it was clayed last week??? I will be doin this in march.

I don`t think you need to get that aggressive..
I`d try SSR2.5 with the green pad and SSR1 with the blue pad and then Black Hole with a blue pad ..

Mr. Clean
02-09-2010, 10:50 AM
It all depends on what you are attempting to accomplish. I have not used any of the PB SSRs or the Edge pads, so I can`t be certain, but I would think that you would choose a polishing (vs. cutting) pad with the SSR1, but PB could clarify that.

If this isn`t going to take place until March, I would be willing to bet that you will need to do some spot claying at the very least. You will have to make that determination at the time of the detail.

Edit: I see he did clarify. :)

wallyStang
02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Steve, you can see the swirls in person so you can tell me what pads you would use.

Poorboy
02-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Steve, you can see the swirls in person so you can tell me what pads you would use.

I`m not moving too well these days , but if you call on a Wed or Fri afternoon, Pockets (Chris) will be glad to look it over :cool:

wallyStang
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Ok awsome...is pockets your son? I will also bring him a burger and fries 2 :)

Poorboy
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM

:eek: :yikes::lol2::rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:lmfao:lmfao:rofl

no............... but he does like burgers and fries :D

Tex Star Detail
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
you sure he ain`t your son?

Poorboy
02-09-2010, 03:24 PM

:hmmm: yeah I`m sure :inspector:

Tex Star Detail
02-09-2010, 03:29 PM
K, just checking.

Troy@Protekt
02-09-2010, 03:32 PM

:eek: :yikes::lol2::rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:lmfao:lmfao:rofl

no............... but he does like burgers and fries :D

:hmmm: yeah I`m sure :inspector:

:rofl

I hope you weren`t drinking anything when you read that Steve. If so I hope you can safely get all the spray off the computer screen and keyboard. :D

I don`t know a lot of guys who like using the yellow cutting pad. I have never found them to be worth while using. I get better results with the orange cutting pads. JMHO.

Tex Star Detail
02-09-2010, 03:38 PM
I don`t think I have used a yellow pad in a few years.

Mr. Clean
02-09-2010, 04:25 PM
...I don`t know a lot of guys who like using the yellow cutting pad. I have never found them to be worth while using. I get better results with the orange cutting pads. JMHO.

I don`t think I have used a yellow pad in a few years.

Well, it hasn`t been years but I have to agree that I will usually pick up an orange pad over the LC yellow. Heck I`m pretty sure I`ve still got a brand new unused yellow LC. I just rarely see vehicles that need a lot of correction anymore. Nice clientele. ;) Tex, I`m a bit surprised with your dealership work that you don`t have to go to either a yellow pad or a rotary (or are you a Flex user?) with some regularity.

Tex Star Detail
02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Tex, I`m a bit surprised with your dealership work that you don`t have to go to either a yellow pad or a rotary (or are you a Flex user?) with some regularity.
I don`t even have to wax them. No way I`m breaking out ANY buffer for what they pay. (And yes.... a Flex user. ;) )

Mr. Clean
02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I don`t even have to wax them. No way I`m breaking out ANY buffer for what they pay. (And yes.... a Flex user. ;) )
I had no idea. I am way off base as to my idea of what your scope of work was with the dealership. :dunno: Not the first time and surely won`t be the last. :)