PDA

View Full Version : Will the weatherman be right??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

9D4E420
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
How`s your weather looking this weekend? Gearing up for another storm here in South Jersey. :yay Right now the forecast is calling for 18-24" with temps in the teens to low 20`s. Let see what happens... Definitely no detailing this weekend:cheers: I need a break:passout:

Mr. Clean
02-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Well, they are talking again about the possibility of snow. In years past, I might have shrugged that off as a very remote chance, but this is a completely different year. Long term winter forecasts had this year as being wetter and colder than average, It has certainly been that. Walking out into my yard is like stepping on a sponge.

cartoysautospa
02-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I guess if there were enuff Snow Cats up in New Jersey , They might need some detailing. Here in South Carolina.no snow and if we had snow it would just shut us down as we are not equipped for snow. They close everything up down here with just talk of a flurry .LOL

I don;t know what it is ....but when it rains I seem to have the most amount of business. It`s just so odd. Nothing I like better than cleaning a Black car and having to deliver it in the rain.............what a waste of effort.

Poorboy
02-05-2010, 06:55 PM
How`s your weather looking this weekend? Gearing up for another storm here in South Jersey. :yay Right now the forecast is calling for 18-24" with temps in the teens to low 20`s. Let see what happens... Definitely no detailing this weekend:cheers: I need a break:passout:

Kurt you are in for a blast of snow for sure ... :eek:

Ronkh
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I told Stephen to plan for a long weekend at the apartment. Made sure that he had food etc.

Welcome to what we see every winter. :(

cartoysautospa
02-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I would be most depressed

9D4E420
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Wound up getting 28" out of the storm over the weekend. Now they are calling for up to 2` Tues night/Wed.

CharlesW
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Well, they are talking again about the possibility of snow. In years past, I might have shrugged that off as a very remote chance, but this is a completely different year. Long term winter forecasts had this year as being wetter and colder than average, It has certainly been that. Walking out into my yard is like stepping on a sponge.
Walking out into my yard is like stepping on a glacier. :D
All snow and ice, but nothing like what they have received and are expecting in the North East.

Mr. Clean
02-08-2010, 12:15 PM
All snow and ice, but nothing like what they have received and are expecting in the North East.

Well it is raining again today, water standing in several areas of the backyard. Temps are expected to drop to the mid to low 20s tomorrow with wind chill factors in the mid teens, so all of that might be a ice rink.

Poorboy
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Wound up getting 28" out of the storm over the weekend. Now they are calling for up to 2` Tues night/Wed.

quite a bit to say the least ... hope that storm falls apart or misses us again :eek:

good thing you have no pressing reason to go out :lol2:

Well it is raining again today, water standing in several areas of the backyard. Temps are expected to drop to the mid to low 20s tomorrow with wind chill factors in the mid teens, so all of that might be a ice rink.

and where do you live again :hmmm: ..time to move south :rofl

Mr. Clean
02-08-2010, 01:10 PM
...and where do you live again :hmmm: ..time to move south :rofl
Yeah, that`s what I`m thinkin...:hmmm:

No time to move here right now...I mean considering your issues with ice and all :D

Poorboy
02-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah, that`s what I`m thinkin...:hmmm:

No time to move here right now...I mean considering your issues with ice and all :D

no, meant maybe you need to move south :lol2:

Mr. Clean
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
no, meant maybe you need to move south :lol2:

South to Mexico? :)

The Hill Country has had their own share of frigid weather and the Houston humidity is t-o-u-g-h.

memnuts
02-08-2010, 02:39 PM
This is what they are predicting for my area tuesday night through wednesday

National Weather Service Forecast Office - Philadelphia/Mount Holly - StormTotalSnow (http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/phi/StormTotalSnow/index.php)

Ronkh
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Looks like it aint gonna miss us this time. :) But not sure on amounts.