PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see Autopia was sold?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Troy@Protekt
01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Looks like they were looking for the Mayor and found out that Autopia was sold.

Where`s DavidB - Autopia.org (http://www.autopia.org/forum/hot-tub/126523-where-s-davidb.html)

I wonder what that means for future of Autopia. If any of you know Autopians that are looking for a new home where all pro and do it yourself detailers are welcome, tell them to come over to Detail City.

Everybody knows that only city`s have mayors anyway!

Pats300zx
01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Granted there is a transition going on over at Autopia. However, that doesn`t mean the forum is not going to exist.

I wouldn`t look for to many changes.

Bunky
01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
If the new owner does not change the rules, I assume it will all be just wasted discussion about the fate. Of course some want it to stay the way it is and others may not (competing forums). We shall see.

Beemerboy
01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I`m a member but I don`t post to speak of.

Jngrbrdman
01-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh yeah... Autopia. I remember them. :) I just logged in and it said my last visit was October of `08. lol I remember when I used to live there.

I wish the new owner well. While not much may change over there, I really hope for the sake of the community that they take the opportunity to really shake it up and make some changes.

Beemerboy
01-12-2010, 07:59 PM
What I recalled of Autopia was that some of the memebers where bad mouthing DC, when I was starting to post there. It was based on that, that I decided not to post there any longer. I can find good and bad on any site but don`t have to point it out

David Fermani
01-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Hilarious.

Beemerboy
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Hilarious.

Why don`t you expand on that David?:huh:

RTexasF
01-13-2010, 06:50 AM
It needs something new over there. Seems like it is going stale and I posted such on that site.

JaredPointer
01-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Hilarious.

Yeah, it is pretty funny how it was sold it May of 2009 and everyone is crapping their pants about it 9 months after the fact. I just keep waiting for someone to start a Zaino pissing contest in that thread and it will be complete and an Autopia original.

Mr. Clean
01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah, it is pretty funny how it was sold it May of 2009 and everyone is crapping their pants about it 9 months after the fact. I just keep waiting for someone to start a Zaino pissing contest in that thread and it will be complete and an Autopia original.

You nailed it! Even after one member and a moderator tried to inject some calm and reason into the conversation, at least of couple of members remain intent in their purpose to blow things up.

JaredPointer
01-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Looks like I blew it on the Zaino "mine is bigger than yours" contest - it appears the relabeling dead horse was brought up first. I had a 50/50 chance.....

Seriously, there is a lot of knowledgeable people over there, and since no one detected a change since May I don`t think it`s really that big a deal.

Beemerboy
01-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Looks like I blew it on the Zaino "mine is bigger than yours" contest - it appears the relabeling dead horse was brought up first. I had a 50/50 chance.....

Seriously, there is a lot of knowledgeable people over there, and since no one detected a change since May I don`t think it`s really that big a deal.

JP

I agree that from what I read on that site there are quite a few good detailers there. However from what I recall some had not so good comments about DC, like it should matter really

Mr. Clean
01-13-2010, 02:24 PM

:rofl on point 1

:bigups on point 2

Pockets
01-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I confess :redface: i bought it and will be changing the name to Pocketopia :lol2: