PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, New Member Intro

GrahamDetail
01-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Hello all,

My name is Skylar Graham. I have been detailing for about 6 years, but it has all been hobby, friends, family, personal vehicle stuff. I have recently decided to get into mobile work, and actually did my first detail for $$ Today, a 2007 Jeep Wrangler that had never before had a coat of wax :-(

After about 5 hours she was spotless and back in the happy owners hands.

This place seems great, i have been lurking and reading Buisness Management ideas mostly. Lots of help, Hopefully I can help out others as much as I have learned.

Anyway, Nice to be here. Thanks for having me!

Skylar Graham
Graham Custom Detail

Ronkh
01-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Welcome Skylar,

Enjoy it here. Good place to learn and give information.

Bunky
01-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Welcome to Detail City...

Beemerboy
01-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Welcome from Sonoma County CA

What part of the world are you in?

Pander5
01-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Welcome Skylar and glad you`re here.

GrahamDetail
01-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Welcome from Sonoma County CA

What part of the world are you in?

Hey BeemerBoy, sorry I forgot that part. Currently, I live in Yigo, Guam.

I am Active Duty Military, and am stationed here.

Bullitt
01-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Welcome to the site. I love it here. I`m a transfer from another forum that just had to much drama going on everyday. A thread about a polish choice turned into two people going back and forth taking swings at each other. I`ve seen a lot of constructive criticism here, but I`ve never witnessed any flaming of someone with a legitimate question; so I think you`ll like it here.

black bart
01-05-2010, 10:41 PM
:welcome: to DC SKYLAR :dcrules

Mr. Clean
01-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey BeemerBoy, sorry I forgot that part. Currently, I live in Yigo, Guam.

I am Active Duty Military, and am stationed here.

Welcome to Detail City Graham!

I`ve been on the tarmac in Guam during a refuel back in the late 70s it was pitch dark outside and couldn`t see a thing. Now my Dad was stationed on the island during WWII, I`ve seen a few of his photos.

Troy@Protekt
01-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Welcome to DC. :cheers:

How`s Guam treating you?

GrahamDetail
01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Welcome to DC. :cheers:

How`s Guam treating you?

Thanks! This place is very informative... Im learning a lot about buisness ideas, as well as some tricks of the trade i havnt yet learned on my own.

Guam is.... well I have island fever. I have lived here 3 years, and am ready for a change. I will be moving back to the US in a year, so i am :yayabout that.

Detailing on Guam is nice, because the competetion has lost their mind, not to mention they have no idea what quality means. That coupled with 85 degree weather year round works in my favor. That is why i started my small business here. The customer base is large, and they are willing to pay for a quality job, especially since my pricing is lower than the competetion and a great deal more value. I am clearing about 20-25$ an hour, which is good for a rookie in the biz i suppose.

I am using my last year here to build an inventory of equipment/knowledge, so i can take it back to the US and start working a little more. And its great becuase i have a full time job, so i dont "need" the income, i can pick and choose the clients/jobs i want to take, so there is very little stress.

Thanks again for the kind replies, Im grateful to see such a base of knowledge from a group of people willing to share it!:bow