PDA

View Full Version : Getting New Tires

Pages : [1] 2 3

Beemerboy
12-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Looking to get some new meats on my ford ranger. I want to get some over sized ones this time around.

Anyone used trierack.com?

wendell jarvis
12-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Looking to get some new meats on my ford ranger. I want to get some over sized ones this time around.

Never heard of that web site #@&*& sure you didn`t mean Tirerack.com now that web site I am familiar with, my suggestion on a Ranger, go with General Grabber (best buy) or Kuhmo or, you can never go wrong with Michelin.

Poorboy
12-28-2009, 02:29 PM

is that some place new :hmmm: :lol2:

you mean tirerack :notme: ... they are real good ;)

Beemerboy
12-28-2009, 02:52 PM
is that some place new :hmmm: :lol2:

you mean tirerack :notme: ... they are real good ;)

I mean`t tire rack, thanks Steve

Poorboy
12-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I mean`t tire rack, thanks Steve

I know but what are friends for if they can`t bust your chops :D:buddies

Scott P
12-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I`ve had excellent experiences with Tire Rack. If you are going oversize, I assume you`ll be adjusting your speedometer to correct for the bigger tires?

Mr. Clean
12-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Discount Tire man here. We have several stores/shops in my local area. Purchased dozens of sets of tires over the years for all of our family`s vehicles. Both my Daughter and Son continue using them also.

Ronkh
12-28-2009, 06:35 PM
I had great luck with a/t revos

Great handling, performance as well as wear.

RANDAL
12-28-2009, 08:45 PM
What size tires are on the Ranger and what size is original euipment size on the vehichle placard on the door? My recommendation is to stay with what size is on the Ranger or the placard as it should have come out with from the factory. As for the tire recommendation, I like the Hercules on the Trailblazer and my F150 supercrew. I have Uniroyal liberaters from Wally World on my regular cab F150`s. Neither tire is real aggressive, just nice price and ride. When I got the Hercules they were 20-30 bucks cheaper than Tirerack was on comparable tire on what I call inferior brands. I also got roadhazard included, where as it is a percentage of the cost of the tires when buying from tirerack. My advice is buyt from small independent tire dealer who has a great reputation.

Poorboy
12-29-2009, 09:32 AM
My advice is buy from small independent tire dealer who has a great reputation.

funny, my cousins are just that and when they need a specialty tire, the order from Tirerack ... ;)

Beemerboy
12-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks all I`ve looked at TR and all the local places around me. Pep Boys has the best price on OEM tires so far $360 with a $60 mail in rebate, those are on Coopers

These are for my Ford Ranger the 1000 buck special, I just use the truck around town, so I am not looking for anything expensive.

Poorboy
12-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks all I`ve looked at TR and all the local places around me. Pep Boys has the best price on OEM tires so far $360 with a $60 mail in rebate, those are on Coopers

These are for my Ford Ranger the 1000 buck special, I just use the truck around town, so I am not looking for anything expensive.

No place like Manny, Moe and Jack`s :D

cartoysautospa
12-29-2009, 11:48 AM
buy you some off brand tires........ such as Cooper, which are made by Michelin, they make a excellent off road tire, for half the price

Pockets
12-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Bridgestone Dueler A (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo+2)

Amazing tire love mine and a very reasonable price as well.... check out the reviews of it too they are all good!!

edit - these are the tires ron was suggesting

Beemerboy
12-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Bridgestone Dueler A (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo+2)

Amazing tire love mine and a very reasonable price as well.... check out the reviews of it too they are all good!!

edit - these are the tires ron was suggesting

Pockets

I ran those on my Jeep for years and great tires but for this application they are WAY over kill plus they are half of the cost of the entire truck:D