PDA

View Full Version : White Christmas predictions

Mr. Clean
12-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Well it is snowing pretty good up in the Texas panhandle right now according to the Abilene Texas Highway Patrol, and we have predictions of "blizzard like" :eek: conditions starting mid-morning here in the D/FW metroplex area. Not looking for accumulations (it`s only expected to be in the low to mid 30s), but lots of above ground activity. We will believe it when we see it, but I`m sure that are lots of kids staring at the sky with their fingers crossed.

Poorboy
12-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Well it is snowing pretty good up in the Texas panhandle right now according to the Abilene Texas Highway Patrol, and we have predictions of "blizzard like" :eek: conditions starting mid-morning here in the D/FW metroplex area. Not looking for accumulations (it`s only expected to be in the low to mid 30s), but lots of above ground activity. We will believe it when we see it, but I`m sure that are lots of kids staring at the sky with their fingers crossed.

it`s already white and icy too here :notme:

Mr. Clean
12-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I wouldn`t expect any less. :)

There`s a saying here in Texas...If you don`t like Texas weather...wait a minute. :) And in keeping with that, the news reports now that temps will dip and accumulations up to 3" are possible. That`s not much to ya`ll up north, but down here that`s news!

9D4E420
12-24-2009, 11:15 AM
That`s great news hope you have a white Christmas even if it`s just a little. It is supposed to be freezing rain here in NJ tomorrow. There was a 26" storm last weekend and about 80% of that snow is left. I`m just happy to look out my window and see any kind of snow during the holidays. :)

Mr. Clean
12-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, honestly I`m excited, and I`m a long way from being a kid. I know it`s old hat to some of you guys, but it is an "event" down here. :)

Ronkh
12-24-2009, 11:47 AM
That`s great news hope you have a white Christmas even if it`s just a little. It is supposed to be freezing rain here in NJ tomorrow. There was a 26" storm last weekend and about 80% of that snow is left. I`m just happy to look out my window and see any kind of snow during the holidays. :)

Ditto. (as long as it dissappears Jan 2 and stays away)

Here is wishing everyone happy globalb warming. :yay

Scott P
12-24-2009, 12:40 PM
This time, please keep that stuff up near you. :)

Ronkh
12-24-2009, 12:43 PM
This time, please keep that stuff up near you. :)

Tis the season to share......... ;)

Mr. Clean
12-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Temps have dropped 5 degrees since my initial post and the wind has kicked up out of the WNW with the occasional "snow shower". Listening to James Taylor`s Christmas album while occasionally visiting the kitchen to help Mrs. Clean with Christmas dinner preparations.

JT`s and Natalie Cole`s version of Baby It`s Cold Outside is g-r-e-a-t. :bigups

cwcad
12-24-2009, 06:32 PM
My son was born in Alaska but has never actually played in snow before we moved from Alaska to Texas. He is nine now and today in Harker Heights, Texas he had a fleeting moment with snow flurries. He came in so excited. He told me, "it was a dream come true," to play in the snow. My only sorrow is that I do not have that outlook. It is great to be a kid. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Mr. Clean
12-24-2009, 11:19 PM
I was in Anchorage back in the late 70s or early 80s (can`t remember now). I do remember it was December and it was the coldest climate I could ever imagine.

Well, we didn`t get the accumulations reported in Abilene and north (5"-8"). But we got enough to make the yard white. Pretty cool. And speaking of cool, it could get down to 22o by early tomorrow a.m. :eek: Santa will be able to leave his coat on this year. :D

Mr. Clean
12-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Well, Christmas Day turned out nice and sunny (though c-o-l-d as a you know what) and the sunny skies continued throughout Saturday and today so all remnants of snow and ice are history.

They are threatening (or promising) and new winter weather event on Tuesday. I`ll believe it when I see it.