PDA

View Full Version : FarnbacherLoles Shop & Race Team No More

Deanski
12-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Sad news for those that know and frequent the Porsche Performance shop in Danbury, CT along with the Rolex and ALMS FBL race teams, ALL GONE!:yikes:

The top winning Rolex GT class and winning team for mfg title all gone!:wow:

Looks like Greg is off to jail....

Danbury racing team owner faces federal fraud charges (http://dailyme.com/story/2009121600001890/danbury-racing-team-owner-faces-federal.html)

It`s sad for the employess who I know well and work really hard.:(
Deanski

Pander5
12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
That sucks and ALMS will lose a great team.

Deanski
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I`m not sure what Horst Farnbacher will do, but I hope they still stay together, Dirk Werner and Leh Keen are one hell of a team.

The employees of the shop in Danbury, who I speak to often say they were seeing no parts coming in and other odd things prior.

Plus, Greg was ordering two BMW M3`s for the ALMS as well and the check bounced to the firm that was custom mfg them.

Geez, just last month we had our CVR Porsche meeting there and as always, we have our Tech Tactics at this shop as well due to the size, equipment, cars, employees and guest speakers.

Deanski

Beemerboy
12-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Really a shame that things like this happen

Ronkh
12-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Maybe the employees can put it back together.
Otherwise a big loss to racing world.

Deanski
12-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Maybe the employees can put it back together.
Otherwise a big loss to racing world.

I think Spencer took a few from the shop with him.

As for the racing team, I only hope that Horst Farnbacher will not disolve the team and find a way to keep them together.

Only time will tell.

Deanski

GothamAuto
02-04-2010, 08:19 AM
I think they are still around somewhere. I know their sign over by the DMV has been spray painted out, but one of their guys was in here yesterday with his Porsche.

Pander5
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I heard a reference to FL during the Rolex 24 hours. IIRC they were referring to a participant car?

Deanski
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I think they are still around somewhere. I know their sign over by the DMV has been spray painted out, but one of their guys was in here yesterday with his Porsche.

The shop on Miry Brook is gone and a lease sign is out in front. Just what Highcroft Racing needs..

Spencer Cox has re-opened SpeedSport Tuning in the 89 Triangle Street shop which previously housed the FBL BodyWerks.

So at least we have something good out of it as Spencer took several of the techs who are top notch with him.

Our Tech Tactics events which were always at FBL have now moved to Danbury Porsche on Feb 27th. Hurley Haywood is Guest speaker!:yay

Regards,

Deanski

Deanski
02-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I heard a reference to FL during the Rolex 24 hours. IIRC they were referring to a participant car?

Driver Leh Keen was driving #41 Mazda RX8 for Rolex 24hrs Daytona and Dirk Werner I think drove for TRG group/Flying Lizards GT3 Cup. Now I can`t remember...I know Jorge Bergmeister was driving the TRG/Lizard with Patrick Long and came in 2nd for GT class at the end of the 24.

They won the Rolex points at the end of the season. That is Keen and Werner. Trophy was at FBL in Danbury last time I was there.

Great drivers. During ALMS, I got a very close-up view of the way they drive at Lime Rock. And they can DRIVE!:rockon

This season should be interesting between Rolex and ALMS!

Deanski

Pander5
02-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Now that BMW is gone from F1 I`ll be paying more attention to both the ALMS and Rolex series. Plus it`s better racing in the purest sense of the sport! Love those P cars also.

I also enjoy seeing Steve Dinan`s wizardry in the tube frames.

Scott P
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I always mean to get more involved/interested in these different racing series. Maybe this year I will. I enjoyed what I saw of the Rolex this year until AJ`s team got hit by bad luck again in the DP group.

Deanski
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I always mean to get more involved/interested in these different racing series. Maybe this year I will. I enjoyed what I saw of the Rolex this year until AJ`s team got hit by bad luck again in the DP group.

Between AJ and Hurley Haywood (Brumos Porsche) there was bad luck all around that race.

Between Rolex GT series and American LeMans (ALMS), you`ll be quite entertained as it`s more challenging racing with different classes running all at once! ALMS you have LMP1 LMP2 GT1 GT2 AND GT Challenge series! NOW THAT`S RACING!

March 20th on Speed Channel starting at 10:00 for ALMS

March 5th and 6th Rolex GT on Speed 5:00PM Live on March 6th

Enjoy!

Deanski

Deanski
02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Now that BMW is gone from F1 I`ll be paying more attention to both the ALMS and Rolex series. Plus it`s better racing in the purest sense of the sport! Love those P cars also.

I also enjoy seeing Steve Dinan`s wizardry in the tube frames.

Yea, it`s just wild to see what these cars can do and with those that have real talent in both fabrication to driving, it`s always a great race.

Best time I had in a long time was at the ALMS race I attended at Lime Rock. It was when they still had the Audi LMP1 TDI cars running. They were very quiet as opposed to say the GT1 Vette or Viper. You knew when the Vettes were on the track due to the noise.

Anytime you really want a thrill, go attend an ALMS or Rolex race at a track near you. You will not regret it!:rockon

Deanski