PDA

View Full Version : December 7 1941

Paul Sparks
12-07-2009, 10:59 AM
For those old enough to remember and others that enjoy the freedom this country has to offer, take the time to remember those that gave the supreme sacrifice that day at Pearl Harbor. :usflag

Poorboy
12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
For those old enough to remember and others that enjoy the freedom this country has to offer, take the time to remember those that gave the supreme sacrifice that day at Pearl Harbor. :usflag

:bigups:bigups:bigups:bigups:bigups:bigups:bigups

Mr. Clean
12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I agree with the importance of rememberance of this day in our history. We are gradually but surely losing this generation of men and women.

Ronkh
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I agree with the importance of rememberance of this day in our history. We are gradually but surely losing this generation of men and women.

Very true.

black bart
12-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Probably Charlesw and myself are the only member at DC that were old enough to remember what we were doing when this happened.

I know it is a generational thing because while the road is full of Japanese cars I have never owned one and never will buy one.

Every time I see a Mitsubishi on the road it reminds me of what powered the Zeros that attacked and killed thousands of our boys.
I remember the Bataan death march.

People of my generation view these cars with a much different view than most of you.

I hear the argument that they are built here and my grandson works for Toyota but the profit goes to the manufactures home and you will never see me behind the wheel of one, some of us do remember and always will remember.

I HAVE NOT FORGOT

mcate
12-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I may not be old enough to remember, but I served in the Navy for 20 years. So today does carry special meaning. (Plus it`s my wife`s birthday!)