PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather shopping/shipping

CharlesW
12-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Just a post about what I do when ordering products in the winter weather.
1. Take note of the shipping time.
2. Try to order to have the product deliver in your area during the week so it isn`t on a truck over the week-end in freezing temperatures.
3. In my area, shipping early in the week from New York works best since the product will deliver during the work week.
4. Shipping from Florida works fine early in the week since it will still deliver by Friday. Having it ship Friday also works good since it spends the week-end in a warm climate.
5. Shipping from California seems to work best if the shipment is made on a Thursday. The order spends the week-end in a warm area and has 5 days of the work week to deliver.
Most of my orders spend 3 to 4 days on the road with the exception of orders from California. They often take 5 to 6 days.

Chances are good that the vendor will work with you to keep from having products freeze in transit.

black bart
12-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Yep I learned that the hard way had some gallon containers sit all weekend in Marion while the temp was -5F when it arrived Monday it was solid as a rock.
What really surprised me was it was Meg. M-135 and after it thawed I tried it and it was fine.