PDA

View Full Version : I`m Thanksful!

Beemerboy
11-26-2009, 11:30 AM
That the guy that side swiped our Camry last night while parked at a store didn`t do as bad a damage as he could have.

However I am not thankful for the idiot for not leaving his contact info so that I could charge his insurance.

The story goes that my wife stopped at Target last night for somethings. When she came out someone had hit the driver side of the car. Its a long soft abrasion, that most will buff out but there is a long crease dent, about 14 inches that looks to me that might be pulled out pretty well with PDR. The paint was chipped to the metal in one small part that looks repairable.

I had her call the security guard so that they could look at the cameras, and she went to the police department to get a report, in case I can find this idiot.

Only thing that bothers me is how someone can be so callus:wall, and I don`t buy that they didn`t know he had hit the car, its to long of an abrasion for them not to know!

OK another project for the upcoming weekend :D

Ronkh
11-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Sorry about the damage, but on the bright side at least you have the weather to detail it in.

Poorboy
11-26-2009, 01:50 PM
sorry to hear Dave ..at least no one was hurt either ... and be thankful it wasn`t a Beemer ;)

rabbi
11-26-2009, 03:20 PM
If you really believed someone would leave a note you have more faith in people than I do.:passout:

Poorboy
11-26-2009, 05:32 PM
If you really believed someone would leave a note you have more faith in people than I do.:passout:

the Whaler would leave an imprint and note and maybe his speedos too :lol2:

jtford95
11-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. That blows. Glad nobody got hurt. Is it that light amount of damage that they didn`t feel it?

Beemerboy
11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks all its not that bad but since this car is in such great shape meaning no other dents or scrapes this just takes away from it.

Here are two pics of the area. Once I have the PDR work done, I will fill in with paint where it was chipped out. Should look OK

jtford95
11-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Just enough to be a pain.

tmacsad
11-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Sorry to hear about that Dave :( My wife`s Expedition has a similar dent/crease from a Mother`s Day trip to the Cheesecake Factory. :wall

LikeaRock
11-28-2009, 01:24 PM
That`s too bad Dave! I know several others who have been in that situation. Definitely sucks

Lol... I leave notes! :rockon

Back in HS I was with some friends being young and stupid and evidently I backed into this sot of beat up 4-Runner. I didn`t know if I hit it or not (it was that soft of a bump) and my friends told me to just go, but it was in a huge parking lot with tons of businesses so I left a note regardless. The guy called me the next day laughing that I actually put a note on his rig, saying he could of cared less what happened to it :wow:
Guess I lucked out there! :D

tuscarora dave
11-28-2009, 01:38 PM
The idiot that did this to my car lives in the same house,(rents the room across the hall).
His buddy saw him do it too. He told his buddy "don`t say anything" , for three days he listened to me talk about it while he blamed his buddy for doing it. Eventually his consience got the better of him and he fessed up that he did it and has no insurance.

The only thing I am thankful for in this case is that I don`t break his nose like I think I want to each time I pass him in the hallway.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/019-5.jpg

Beemerboy
11-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Dave, can`t you take off the door panel and use a rubber mallet to push that one out?

I did that yesterday with mine but its to hard to get at the area with all braces, window motors and all that is in the way..again for me a PDR is what will work best, that and living with it!

tuscarora dave
11-29-2009, 01:22 PM
If I had a place to do body work this would have already been repaired but... I plan on waiting until spring and paying to have it repaired. Unless of course the clown that did it comes up with the loot first. Sorry to hear about your car getting swiped, I do know the feeling in the pit of your stomache when you first see it.