PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 question

JPS51830
11-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Hi, post very very little LOL...but I do read everyday and about 99.99% of the time I can find the answer I need to just about any topic. But here`s what I need to know if anyone knows;

Read somewhere a while ago I thought; the easiest way to apply Collinite 845 liquid is to warm up the bottle. I have been running the bottle under warm water to loosen the mixture up so it flows easily. It seems if I just open it and try to use it it is almost to thick to pour out.

My question is, is the product OK once it has been warmed up and flowing very freely? Just curious as to how it may effect it for holding up. I am a pretty new user of the stuff and am prepping the cars for the winter. It will be going on the Stang, Explorer and Fusion.

Thanks for your time you all are really good at what you do and make it easy to find almost any answer or process I need or want to try. :bow

CharlesW
11-20-2009, 08:01 AM
As far as long term effect from the warming, I have no idea, but shaking the bottle for a loooong time will also bring it to a thinner state.
Weird stuff, but it seems to work good when you can finally get it out of the bottle.

JaredPointer
11-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Shake, shake, shake.....

In the summer months, mine gets pretty runny. Then in the winter, it`s almost like it`s hand lotion (or thicker).

Charles is right - it acts weird, that`s for sure. But it sure does seem to last and last.

AutopiaAdmin
11-20-2009, 11:39 AM
It`s worth all the shaking if you need something with extreme durability. I remember the first time that I used it. It was cooler out and it was so thick that I thought something was wrong with it. After a minute or two of shaking it liquified and was easy to apply.

845 is definitely unique.

Ronkh
11-20-2009, 12:00 PM
It`s worth all the shaking if you need something with extreme durability.

Durabil and lightening proof too.

I used this stuff in the 70`s.

aaahhhhhh I`m old. :wall

RaskyR1
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
I`ve never seen any side effects from warming it up. In the winter months I just set it in front of the garge heater for a minute or so and then shake away! :rockon

JPS51830
11-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Thank You for the answers everyone. Much appreciated.

cheapshot
11-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Everyone should have some 845, it`s a great product.
Shake, Shake, Shake and apply.

njcarting1
11-22-2009, 10:54 AM
The short answer is "NO" I have not seen any problems with warming in water and then shaking the heck out of the stuff. I will say its one tough product, I have several coats on my vehicles here. As of late its my go too product as winter is around the corner. It might be my summer wax of choice also,with its ease of application and removal. I also like the shine and longevity properties with this product...:cheers: