PDA

View Full Version : Its Free!

Beemerboy
11-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Ever look at the free section on Craigslist?

There is a ton of stuff people are just giving away. I check my local area all the time out of curiosity. Sometimes there is some pretty good stuff that people just want to get rid of.

Tons of piano`s and couches.

Bunky
11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I noticed that too...almost too much to go through...

dave40co
11-19-2009, 01:36 AM
I use the free section all the time. I wish they were around 30 years ago so I would of had some real furniture. I furnished my first place with cement blocks and boards for shelfs, an old wire spool for a coffee table and various garbage picked chairs and couches!

Beemerboy
11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
I use the free section all the time. I wish they were around 30 years ago so I would of had some real furniture. I furnished my first place with cement blocks and boards for shelfs, an old wire spool for a coffee table and various garbage picked chairs and couches!

Me too Dave, me too

Poorboy
11-19-2009, 11:01 AM

didn`t everyone :notme:

Tex Star Detail
12-04-2009, 09:10 PM
They have a ton here around the Austin area. There are actually people going around, with crews and trucks, picking up all of this free stuff. As soon as they see it, they call and/or go to that location to pick up.
They, in turn, re list it on craigslist or ebay to turn a profit. And they make out pretty well too.

Hmmmmmm......

Reddwarf
12-05-2009, 11:27 AM
It is also a good way to get rid of stuff.

It is funny what some people put on there. I saw an add for free sod. You just had to go and remove it from the guys yard! I wonder if he had any takers?

JohnZ3MC
12-20-2009, 12:01 AM

Good on `ya Dave. I just had a flashback to my university days - you just described my decor too.
Money went for books and beer, sometimes in that order, sometimes not.
-John C.

occupant
12-23-2009, 12:01 AM
2/3 of the polo shirts I own came from a CL Free listing in 2005.

I will get my money`s worth out of them...just you wait and see...

JohnHenry
12-23-2009, 06:21 AM
2/3 of the polo shirts I own came from a CL Free listing in 2005.

I will get my money`s worth out of them...just you wait and see...

Dude! What`s your address? I keep getting your mail.