PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Glass with Water Repellent

Pages : [1] 2

black bart
11-18-2009, 06:40 AM
I bought a bottle of Invisible Glass with water repellent and drove in the rain yesterday.
This stuff works I used Rain-X years ago but did not care for it but for my daily driver I will stick with this stuff only thing I don`t care for is the strong chemical smell.
While driving home in the rain everyone had their wipers on but me my window just blow-ed off at speeds above 45mph. :bigups

RyansAutoDetail
11-18-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah i saw a bottle of this but denied buying it cuz i still have a bottle of rain x to use up first before i buy a 2 in 1 product i guess

Lowprofile
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
I have always liked Invisible Glass for my windows. Works just as good, if not better, than brands twice its price. Haven`t tried the Invisible Glass with rain repellent yet. Will have to pick some up next time I am at Target.

grisby
11-18-2009, 08:40 PM
About the only time I use Rain X now is when the wife and I do the spring cleaning for the house. I apply to the house windows and to the skylights to give it that "sparkle" makes the wife happy!!!!

I only use the IG on my vehicles, might have to try the new stuff with the rain repellant for the windshield.

ignis_driver
11-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Can someone post a picture about it? About how it looks?

black bart
11-19-2009, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=ignis_driver;298754]Can someone post a picture about it? About how it looks?[/QUOTE ]

Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner With Rain Repellent, auto glass cleaner, rain repellent, rain repel, glass sealer, windshield glass cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-cleaner-rain-repellent.html)

black bart
11-19-2009, 06:32 AM
You can find it at your local Wal-Mart in the Automotive section.

Lowprofile
11-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Hmmm...Rain X on house windows? Never thought about that. What would the advantage be? You say it gives them that extra "sparkle". How would it differ from just regular glass cleaner? Not doubting you, just have house windows on my to-do list.

ignis_driver
11-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner With Rain Repellent, auto glass cleaner, rain repellent, rain repel, glass sealer, windshield glass cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-cleaner-rain-repellent.html)

Thanks. well, finding will be a problem, only if I can buy it from the internet

rabbi
11-20-2009, 10:57 AM
:bigups Thanks for heads up.:passout:

black bart
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks. well, finding will be a problem, only if I can buy it from the internetIt is available from AG or at your local Wal-Mart in the automotive section. :love:

grisby
11-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Hmmm...Rain X on house windows? Never thought about that. What would the advantage be? You say it gives them that extra "sparkle". How would it differ from just regular glass cleaner? Not doubting you, just have house windows on my to-do list.

Well, first off I live in the mountains on the east coast. A lot of pollen, mold and just dust particles all over. The rainX, when it rains really keeps the glass cleaner and you don`t have the "pollen haze" left if you know what I mean. As for the sparkle, well always used windex on the house glass, now IG, but the RainX seems to really make a gleam to the glass.

It was my mistake doing this yrs ago on the house while helping the wife do spring cleaning(I did the skylights) well needless to say I do all the outside windows now and it really keep her happy! When I hang up the Xmas lights I usually do the glass the 2nd time around with the RainX(just gone done doing some sets this afternoon since the weather is nice so that I will be ready for December and the reflections from the lights in glass really looks good!!!
Beware, if you do it once your wife will have you doing all time (Glass that his:rofl)

cheapshot
11-22-2009, 01:52 PM
For some reason I prefer the aerosol can over the spray bottle. Does IG with Repellent come in aerosol can?

Is it just me?

Lowprofile
11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks Grisby. Will have to give this a try. You know us car detailers are. If there is a way to make it look better we will do it.:inspector::D

TRAKPAK
11-23-2009, 04:00 AM
can`t we just wax our windows? I used to do it in HSchool. It seemed to work pretty good? My 4Runner came with some type of RainXish permanent glass treatment. Its got 20K and looks like I rainXed it yesterday- Toyota even recommending owners leave the glass alone- its amazing- only problem is, I had to replace the windshield last week so I`m SOLuck. I`ll see if the dealer can sell me some or what it is- but I know nothing will last that long I`ve ever heard of? Your thoughts- can I just wax the windshiled? if so, what would you use? Thanks