PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Need OZONE info!!

AlphaOmega
10-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I just got my new Ozotech Micro Max and I`m using it on a customer`s mini van tomorrow. I need to know how long (min and max) to run it in her vehicle. A little background.....this customer had a leaky sunroof that ran water down her chassis and under the floormats and moulding on the driver side. I literally found mold growing in those areas. I shampooed and extracted which got rid of 80% of the moldy odor. But she is still smelling the mold. I`ve never used an ozone generator. Is it okay to leave it running for a few hours in her van? I was planning to drop it off, set it up, and go take care of a few other customers while it ran.

Tex Star Detail
10-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I don`t know, as I am in the market for an ozone machine still. But I would, if you didn`t already, pull the seats and carpet. Check and replace the padding. Treat the metal floor pans. (in all the peaks, valleys and cracks) Make sure the interior is DRY, and then use the Ozone generator. I see many running it 30 minutes, airing it out for 20, checking the work, and repeat. I would say, if I had to guess, to leavie it in for about an 1-2 hours, depending on the odor strength.

-Chris