PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my Ride

groebuck
03-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Anyone caugh this on MTV? New shows air thursday nights @ 10:30 they take a beatup car to West Coast Custom and they go to town on it - now them boys know how to paint!!

Beemerboy
03-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Not seen that one but I watch Monster Garage, Jessie James, West Coast Choppers and the likes. Your right the guy that does the paint for Jessie James is unbeleiveable

shotime
03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Beemerboy
Not seen that one but I watch Monster Garage, Jessie James, West Coast Choppers and the likes. Your right the guy that does the paint for Jessie James is unbeleiveable

I painted my first car a couple months ago and I have no idea how he moves that fast. When they show him painting his hand is flying with the gun. I had to go slow for coverage. I`ve got 3 more cars and a panel to paint coming up to do some experimenting on. I`ve found painting isn`t that hard to do, it`s the abundance of lousy shops that make it seem that "perfect" paint is hard to come by.

zymolKK
03-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh man - I love the Pimp my Ride show!!! Did you see that crappy van thing they did last week??? It actually looked fairly good once they finished it! I like the TV`s and the lil airplane buckle up sign - lol!!

groebuck
03-10-2004, 09:20 PM
hated the wing - I hate when people put giant wings on cars ;) - other than that it was hot 20K worth of addditions ;)

zymolKK
03-10-2004, 09:24 PM
lol -it fit with the name of the vehicle though so i didnt mind it! I would never drive ti tho - even with the all the stuff on it - its still a dang ugly van thing! And too small of an engine!

Nickc0844
03-10-2004, 11:23 PM
That micro was pretty funny.

groebuck
03-12-2004, 01:57 PM
the caddy they did this week was awesome - the paint job was incredible.