PDA

View Full Version : Applying Nattys with a PC?

Dozerboy
10-03-2009, 09:59 PM
I need some tips on how to do it. Are ya just taking the contents out of the container and smearing it on the pad? Give me an idea on how much to use. I have a can of NB from when it came out only used it a few times since I`m happy with EXp, but would like to use it. I have tried NB by hand but I get it on to thick and uneven. This last time a few small chunks broke off the edge got on my pad and I smeared the all over.

Thanks

njcarting1
10-04-2009, 05:19 AM
First off I have never tried to apply wax with my p/c. This said you should try using a damp applicator pad with the wax by hand. Try thin coats of the wax by hand and your wax might go farther without waste.

I also use a wet paper towel placed inside the wax jar when finished using the wax. This keeps the product damp and seems to reduce the drying,cracking and problems with the wax before the next use.

Sorry this has not answered your question about application by p/c but try again by hand and see if this works for ya. :inspector: :bigups :howdy:howdy

Pander5
10-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I remove the entire block of product from the container and "butter" my finish pad with it. I`ll then do about 1/3 of the car with the amount applied to the pad going back to the first section applied to thin it out and add a bit more wax to the pad. This helps me get a very thin layer on before I add more product to the pad.

I like machine application because it lets me get good, even coverage and simply takes a little less time. You can certainly get the same results by hand but I find it just a bit less strenuous via machine and at the end of a full day I like to conserve what little energy I have left!

I then place the remaining block of wax back in the container and leave it for next time. I like the idea of the paper towel in the container to keep it moist. I`ve been putting it back in a plastic ziplock bag to get it out easier next time.

Dozerboy
10-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks those are both helpful post