PDA

View Full Version : QD w/Sealant

JSFM35X
10-01-2009, 08:04 AM
I have heard that there is carnuba added to some QD`s. As I prefer the durability of a sealant I was wondering are the QDers with Sealant`s to extend the durability through the winter?

Thanks

JaredPointer
10-01-2009, 09:24 AM
AquaWax comes to mind.

black bart
10-01-2009, 11:41 AM
AquaWax comes to mind.+1 AW is one of the most durable if that is what you are looking for.

Kaiten
10-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Have you thought of just getting a spray sealant to use after a wash? Something along the lines of Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield

Less cleaning ability, but better durability and protection than a QD would provide

JSFM35X
10-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Have you thought of just getting a spray sealant to use after a wash? Something along the lines of Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield

Less cleaning ability, but better durability and protection than a QD would provide

No, I did not know Menzerna made wipe on sealants. Does this have to haze and be removed. or just rubbed in?

CharlesW
10-02-2009, 07:10 AM
I have heard that there is carnuba added to some QD`s. As I prefer the durability of a sealant I was wondering are the QDers with Sealant`s to extend the durability through the winter?

Thanks

AquaWax comes to mind.

+1 AW is one of the most durable if that is what you are looking for.

I`m definitely a fan of Aqua Wax, but I don`t consider it to be a quick detailer at all. I think it is a sealant/wax with out the cleaning abilities of a QD.
Have I missed something?

JaredPointer
10-02-2009, 07:25 AM
I`m definitely a fan of Aqua Wax, but I don`t consider it to be a quick detailer at all. I think it is a sealant/wax with out the cleaning abilities of a QD.
Have I missed something?

I don`t really consider a QD to be much of a cleaner in the first place (Other than very light dust). Most of the time these days I use QD`s after the wash (or as a drying aid), after a S&W wipedown, or after a pass with the California duster.

blucpe
10-04-2009, 07:20 PM
while all products mentioned are great try surfcity hotrod detailer. i believe it has some sealant and very slick. on a par w/ 425 and aw.imho.