PDA

View Full Version : Interesting smoker vehicle...

Jngrbrdman
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I detailed a car for a regular customer of mine the other day. He just bought it earlier this year and was getting the winter prep work done on it. I commented that it was great that he had chosen not to smoke in this vehicle as he had done in others. He shocked me when he said that he smokes in it all the time. There wasn`t any ash anywhere or smell or that nasty yellow haze on any of the glass. I asked him what his secret was to keep his car so clean while smoking in it. If he discovered a new ionizer or something that totally eliminates all traces of smoke in a car, then I wanted in on that secret. He surprised me when he pulled out this little glossy black cigarette thing and said that was what he has been smoking since he bought the car. It is called an `electronic cigarette`.

I remember seeing something advertised about these several years ago. There was a commercial with a guy sitting in the passenger seat of a convertible smoking what looked like a tampon. I`m serious about that too. It was pretty stupid looking and definitely not something I would want to be in public smoking. I guess they have made some advances in the technology since then. The one this guy was smoking was the same size as a cigarette and the only difference was it was glossy black and the tip was a blue LED instead of an ember. I guess the way it works is a heating element between the battery and the `filter` piece vaporizes this solution that releases nicotine in a water vapor. You inhale `smoke` and you can blow` smoke`, but you aren`t getting any of the nasty things in a cigarette. The best part is that it doesn`t destroy your vehicle!! That in and of itself makes them my new best friend. I`m not a smoker, but if I were then I would probably go electronic. They say you can smoke them anywhere because they don`t actually count as smoking. Because it is just water vapor that disappears in the air it isn`t even dangerous for bystanders. I was in this guy`s car and he has been smoking them in there for months and I couldn`t smell a thing.

Anyway, I figured I`d post that because I thought it was an interesting step forward for cleaner cars and cleaner air. As a former smoker who never smoked in my car, I can see how these could be very cool. As long as they provide the fix that a smoker smokes to get, then why smoke those dirty tobacco cigarettes?

JaredPointer
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Wish they would come out with the electronic cigar. My wife kills me everytime I enjoy a fine smoke and come back in the house. :D

Jngrbrdman
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
They actually do have an electronic cigar. I went out on the internet looking up information on these things after I got home and I found several sites. Apparently these things are really big in the UK where there are smoking bans everywhere. You can`t smoke anywhere in my town anymore. They even talked about passing a law that says you can`t smoke in a vehicle if you have kids under a certain age in the back seat.

JaredPointer
09-28-2009, 05:18 PM
They actually do have an electronic cigar. I went out on the internet looking up information on these things after I got home and I found several sites. Apparently these things are really big in the UK where there are smoking bans everywhere. You can`t smoke anywhere in my town anymore.

I just wonder what that does to cigar smoking.... Part of the smoke is the look and feel of the stick. :confused:

They even talked about passing a law that says you can`t smoke in a vehicle if you have kids under a certain age in the back seat.

While I am not a fan of big brother, I`d actually support that. Your child doesn`t have a choice and it`s unfair to them. Not to mention blowing smoke on your children is a jackhole move.

Jngrbrdman
09-28-2009, 06:36 PM
I agree. Smoking is more than just a bad habit. We all have bad habits, but not many of them are actually dangerous to others. This just makes the bad habit safer. I love the idea of being able to smoke anywhere and not getting all the nasty stuff that cigarettes put in your body. Imagine being able to jog up the stairs without being winded and still being able to smoke two packs a day. I`m not saying that nicotine isn`t bad for you, but it has to be one of the lesser harmful substances in a cigarette. Caffeine is pretty bad for you too if you read the studies, but it doesn`t have the stigma that smoking has because me drinking Coke doesn`t hurt anyone around me. Smoking water vapor has to be better than smoking tobacco.