PDA

View Full Version : How to detail engine

jet2peak
09-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I like to clean up my cars once in a while, but one thing I`ve been real afraid to touch is that darn engine. Id really like to be able to do it myself. Any products you recommend? How would I get it done when I got the right products?

black bart
09-23-2009, 05:12 AM
I like to clean up my cars once in a while, but one thing I`ve been real afraid to touch is that darn engine. Id really like to be able to do it myself. Any products you recommend? How would I get it done when I got the right products?If the engine bay has been neglected you will need to start by using a good APC or buy aerosol can of engine bright.
Be careful while using the hose to rinse do not spray directly at the electronics this could cause a problem.
The product that I use on my show car is probably not available where you live so try to find some CD2

Russ@Exclusive
09-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Get a few plastic bags or reynolds wrap and cover up the fuse box, intake (if you have a cone filter in the engine bay), alternator, distributor cap if you have one, and any other sensitive exposed electronics you see. Then spray with either an APC or degreaser and agitate until satisfied then rinse gently. You can dress with any plastic dressing of your choice for the most part but I prefer a cheap aerosol tire shine like the basic armor all. It`s cheap and surprisingly lasts a long time.