PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think this worth a try

Pages : [1] 2

dabone
03-09-2004, 11:37 PM
I have a 03 black/silver harley truck. I was thinking of doing something totally different. On the black part of my truck hood roof and tonneau cover using poorboy`s p w/c and ex-p or ex wish I had the natty`s wax . On the silver part side panels front to the rear of the truck upc and upp I have never used upc and upp just always hear how good it looks on silver. Is this a good or bad idea. I will prep using wash then clay and paint cleaner this will be my second time since October preping my paint is the prep a good idea this time around. Thanks

andriver
03-09-2004, 11:48 PM
I detail my jeep every three months whether it`s needed or not. That`s an interesting idea using different products for different parts of your truck. Let us know how it works out.

BTW, welcome to the forum and kudos on your harley truck.

rabbi
03-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Welcome to DC. I say go for it. That`s a clever idea. Your truck will turn out very nice I`m sure.

JimS
03-10-2004, 08:41 AM
If I am changing products/experimenting then I make sure to remove what is on there. That means a Dawn wash followed by clay and then the polish/protectant.

groebuck
03-10-2004, 10:48 AM
I don`t think you need the dawn wash - the PWC will remove old product. Same with the UPC - when preping for a new detail I just use a little extra carwash soap -

Beemerboy
03-10-2004, 10:51 AM
I`ve seen a few of those trucks and they are sweet. I guess I would wonder why you want to do two different products on the paint.

The silver is the same as the black, am I right?

To do the clay is a great idea, and then use PB P-w-C finsih up with PB- EX.

Also since this si black how are the swrils on the paint? you might want to use some SSR2 or 1

dabone
03-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the replys, I have been a member for a while I had to register again when the board was redesigned. My truck is pretty much swirl free I`ve had it since Oct 03. I just wanted to experiment a little with different products. I can`t lie, I`m very biased to poorboy`s products but I`ve always heard how good upc and upp is on silver. I don`t know if it`s a good idea or not most people do suggest to sticking to one system. I guess it just depends on what type of shine the person is looking for. I`m going to try it if I don`t like it, I can always go back to a single system. Thanks again

awd330
03-10-2004, 12:15 PM
I think that sounds like an interesting plan. I haven`t had a two-tone vehicle for many years, but I most certainly agree that certain colors benefit more from certain product combinations. I say give it a try, and make sure you let us know how it works out.

Poorboy
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
:yeah

elortt
03-10-2004, 12:27 PM

Eric

Poorboy
03-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Nice picture of you boy Eric:D but ...please change your signature:lmfao

elortt
03-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Is this butter steve......I mean better

Eric

Nickc0844
03-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Or you can just sell me the Harley truck :naughty

Been looking for awhile, just finding the right time now. They are great looking trucks, and drive even better.

zymolKK
03-10-2004, 10:44 PM
I did that with my dad`s two-tone truck - turned out great. I used some products better for metallic on the beigeish matallic and then products better for white for the rest of the truck. Its a great idea - the UPP should be excellent for the metallic!

Good Luck - show some pics if you can!!!

groebuck
03-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Nick what the heck do you do for a living??????? a Harley a vette and now you want a Harley Edition Ford??? more importantly are you adopting any grown children?