PDA

View Full Version : Flex Buying Dilemma

black bart
09-18-2009, 07:55 AM
Yesterday I was doing paint correction on my new car it looks like the dealership washed it with a Brillo pad. :yikes:
I have a rotary but have very little experience with it and was afraid to use it on my brand new car.
The PC is slow at removing deep swirls so I`m think how it would be nice to own a flex.
I don`t want to sound like I`m boasting but the money is not a problem if I decide i want one I will buy one but I remember the post in the last year about over heating.
One poster actually had smoke coming out of his. With the over heating backing plate coming louse and handles breaking off I`m wondering if this machines is really worth $300.00 sounds like the quality don`t match the price so that is my dilemma I think I would like something like a flex but with better quality.
Maybe if I wait they will work out the bugs.

How many flex owner would buy another one after using it for awhile.

Ronkh
09-18-2009, 08:31 AM
I don;t want to jinx myself, but I`ve had no problems with mine.

I love it.

I`d buy it again and again.

JaredPointer
09-18-2009, 08:59 AM
I would buy it again - and this is coming from a guy who can`t get an answer as to why the thing runs so hot. Great machine, worth every penny. It`s been out long enough now that I don`t think there are a lot of issues that haven`t been addressed already (i.e. the backplate issues have been fixed).

Mr. Clean
09-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Not trying to muddy the waters, or dilute the conversation but I am curious as to whether or not the new PC XP is up for consideration.

HighEndDetail
09-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I would buy one again, have had it over a year. Went through two backing plates. Now on my third and no issues.

cheapshot
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
mine has a lil` wobble, still love it, great machine.

AutopiaAdmin
09-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Yesterday I was doing paint correction on my new car it looks like the dealership washed it with a Brillo pad. :yikes:
I have a rotary but have very little experience with it and was afraid to use it on my brand new car.
The PC is slow at removing deep swirls so I`m think how it would be nice to own a flex.
I don`t want to sound like I`m boasting but the money is not a problem if I decide i want one I will buy one but I remember the post in the last year about over heating.
One poster actually had smoke coming out of his. With the over heating backing plate coming louse and handles breaking off I`m wondering if this machines is really worth $300.00 sounds like the quality don`t match the price so that is my dilemma I think I would like something like a flex but with better quality.
Maybe if I wait they will work out the bugs.

How many flex owner would buy another one after using it for awhile.

Hi Bart,

I can assure you that any issues that you may have heard of are the exception and not the rule with the Flex XC 3401 as the majority of feedback for this polisher has been incredibly positive. This machine is a crowd pleaser.

Since we started offering the Flex 3401 back in 2007 we have literally sold thousands of Flex polishers and I can count on one hand the ones with problems.

As with any power tool or manufactured product whether it`s a car, Iphone or a power tool, it is to be expected that a very small percentage may have an issue and if this happens during the warranty period, the cost of parts and labor are covered by the manufacturer.

Of course, when a customer purchases a Flex from us, we can even help put you in touch with the right person to expedite the warranty claim if needed. Our relationship with the manufactures that we represent helps us to help you when you need it.

Finally, I want to stress when using any power tool. it is extremely important to read the owners manual thoroughly, perform the appropriate maintenance and clean the tool after each use to help ensure trouble-free use and also to get the maximum lifespan from the machine.

I hope this helps in your purchasing decision and if you do decide to get a Flex XC 3401 I am sure you will love it.

P.S. I personally own a Flex XC 3401 and also a 3403 that I use for weekend details so I speak not just as a sales guy but also as a detailer that uses the machines on a regular basis.

black bart
09-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for everyones thoughts on the flex.
I finally got my car done with my PC slow but got it done.
I can`t help myself I just keep buying Black vehicles then complain because they are hard to keep looking flawless. :wall