PDA

View Full Version : garage door problem

dolfans
09-04-2009, 11:34 AM
does anyone here know anything about them?the door does not open or close.when you push the button it comes on and runs but nothing else.i have looked at the motor and the gears are moving but the chain just shakes.it has a bolt on each side that says open and the other one says close.is that the problem?everything feels tight.the pull rope is in the down position.thanks

glen22
09-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Have you opened it manually and then reset it so it will open and close automatically.

dolfans
09-04-2009, 12:53 PM
if you mean using the pull rope then yes

black bart
09-04-2009, 02:25 PM
The up-down that you refer to is the travel adjustment to limit how far up or down don`t mess with that.
From what you describe the safety clutch is slipping.
Sound like you need to call a service man if you don`t understand how it works.

Tex Star Detail
09-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Mine did the same thing. Plastic gears....... Mine were worn out and the teeth were shaved off...... Go figure... plastic gears on a Craftsman garage door opener...

dionnfr
09-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Had the same problem, had to replace garage door opener.

vwgtivw
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Mine did the same thing. Plastic gears....... Mine were worn out and the teeth were shaved off...... Go figure... plastic gears on a Craftsman garage door opener...

Same with mine ,moms and my brothers. I think sears are made by Chamberlane(SP?). I order the gears from sears online and got an extra set.