PDA

View Full Version : Air foamer

krtoflas
09-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Has anyone purchased or tried an Air Foamer? There are quite a few companies that make pretty much the same product and just all it something different. The device is hooked to an air compressor and it`s design reminds me of a mini pressure washer for interior. The videos that i have seen on auto geek make it look like a pretty useful tool. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts? Is there a difference between the brands? Thank you

Stephan
09-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Thats the first time I have seen that. I have the regular foam gun, but that works off of water. I would also be curious to see those of us who have used this.

Beemerboy
09-02-2009, 09:09 AM
I know what you are talking about. If you are working on a few cars a day or in the detail biz, I think that its over kill..IMO.

I had one for trail here a few years back and that was my .02 on it

Stephan
09-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I know what you are talking about. If you are working on a few cars a day or in the detail biz, I think that its over kill..IMO.

I had one for trail here a few years back and that was my .02 on it

How is the foam as far as its cleaning abilities? I mean if I were to use it on the inside of a car, on the rubs and seats does it clean well, or is just a manner of rejuvinating the carpet?

Beemerboy
09-02-2009, 12:12 PM
How is the foam as far as its cleaning abilities? I mean if I were to use it on the inside of a car, on the rubs and seats does it clean well, or is just a manner of rejuvinating the carpet?

Stephan, with the one that I had you had to use an insert APC from the mfger. It was a light air pressure with APC mixed in. It was mainly for dashes, doors and the likes of that..Any of the plastics or vinyls and that.

For leather I didn`t use it for that.

Its like a foam gun for me, I will use it once in a while but its more hassle than its worth IMO...I can`t recall the name at the moment, something like Torando

krtoflas
09-02-2009, 01:18 PM
There are a bunch of them on autogeek for sale. There are a few video`s as well. video`s sometimes make products look alot better than they are.