PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Pages : [1] 2

farmboy90
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Hello,

Obviously I am new here. I recently picked up a new car and am thinking of getting back into the arena of taking good care of it. :) I have a twin turboed 2010 Ford Flex.

Is this a good start?

* 5 gallon Poorboy`s World Logo Bucket
* Poorboy`s World Chenille Wash Mitt
* Poorboy`s World 24"x36" Microfiber Waffle Weave super soft and absorbant drying towel
* Poorboy`s World 32oz Super Slick & Suds car shampoo
* Grit Guard
* 16" Velvet Smooth Glass Towel
* 16" Work Towel
* 16" Deluxe Microfiber Towels
* 16" Mega-Plush
* 21 x 36 Velvet Smooth
* 24 x 36 Waffle weave
* Mega-Plush Mitt
* QD+

Thanks. By the way, I have been reading the threads where people post before and after photos of their detail jobs and I am SHOCKED. You guys are unbelievable! :bow

Beemerboy
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the site from Sonoma County CA

Everything that I see is good, but what about polish, sealants and wax?

On MF towels you need good drying towels your wafle weaves do that, works towels a few of those, glass one good one, and then some plush for removing wax and QD applications.

farmboy90
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Baby steps... baby steps... :) I will order up the waxes and sealants once I figure out how to wash and dry my car without scratches. :)

In terms of polishes and sealants, what do you recommend? Are they easily applied (like a QD)?

Since you are in Sonoma... I used to be into Mustangs pretty heavily and used to race them at Laguna Seca, Sears Point, etc. Good times...

Ronkh
09-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Howdy from the other side.

Multiple micros, and ww

at least get a wax to protect it. The dealer stuff dont last

farmboy90
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Are the WW strictly for drying the car and the MFs for stuff like QD?

Beemerboy
09-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I would get the PB EX sealant or Natty wax...like Ron said protection they are both easy to use just like all the PB products

Ronkh
09-01-2009, 11:16 PM
WW or waffle weave is for drying. THe DMT`s are for regular use, QD, wax, polish, buffing, etc.

farmboy90
09-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Any difference between blue or red natty wax? My Flex is Steel Blue. My civic is light silver.

Ronkh
09-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Blue will give you warmth, red will be bright.
If you look at some of my detail threads, you`ll see a subtle difference. (due to pics)

I like doing red over blue, but it is totally not necessary. I just have to live up to my title.

farmboy90
09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
If I understood you correctly, you are saying you use both? You first use a coat of blue, then use a coat of red?

On a semi-related note I have been curious about Poorboy`s Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner. From some of the pics on this site the stuff looks incredible. I just don`t know if my wheels are safe. Is there a way to tell? I have factory wheels on both my cars... I have no idea about their coatings, materials, etc.

RANDAL
09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Hello from THE IOWA FARM BOY!! Pbs Spray and Rinse should not damage your wheels as it is not acidic, but needes to rinsed well. As for polishes and waxes from Poorboys, Id start with Pro polish, SSR 1, and Polish with Sealant. Pretty simple. Then some Nattys. Soon you will get the detailing product bug and will be ordering product every couple of months. You will want to purchase a buffer of some sorts too. Look into a PC 7424, it makes life easier. DONT start with a rotary!! Youll need an assortment of pads for you PC too. Google porter Cable 7424, and also check Ebay before you buy one. Good luck on your new addiction.

astglenn
09-02-2009, 07:17 AM
welcome from Rescue CA!

Ronkh
09-02-2009, 07:56 AM
If I understood you correctly, you are saying you use both? You first use a coat of blue, then use a coat of red?

On a semi-related note I have been curious about Poorboy`s Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner. From some of the pics on this site the stuff looks incredible. I just don`t know if my wheels are safe. Is there a way to tell? I have factory wheels on both my cars... I have no idea about their coatings, materials, etc.

I use both waxes. I love the look. You do not have to, thats just me. (i`m weird and love the look)

I also love spray and rinse. I have german cars and they have tons of brake dust. TONS, and I`m lazy so I just do what the name says.

Stephan
09-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the group:howdy

Poorboy
09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
:welcome: where in AZ are you? I used to live in Tucson :cool:

I would recommend Polish w/ Sealant as an easy one step for protection in AZ ;)