PDA

View Full Version : worst carpet to work with?

Sheila@detailcity
08-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey you all. Every once in a while, we come across a bear of a carpet. I mean crabgrass carpet full on sand. In your opinions, which vehicles are the worst offenders in this area? Any thoughts?:thanks

cheapshot
08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
VW`s carpets are pretty bad and have given me a hard time.

Tex Star Detail
08-26-2009, 08:58 PM
VW and Mitsubishi are two off the top of my head. And the carpet in trunks! Horrible

Bobcat
08-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey, I got a GTI - just get the VW Monster Mats and you`re good to go.

shuddleston
08-27-2009, 10:24 AM
My wifes 2008 Corolla has some cheap carpet that I don`t like. It is more like the cheap carpet you can buy in rolls at Wal-Mart not really carpet in my mind.

Mr. Clean
08-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Mrs. Clean`s ride is a VDub NB TS, so I`m as familiar with that carpet as any. We`ve had the Monster Mats in since new. True, they are helpful, but there are areas that aren`t covered, and those tend to fray more than any other carpet I`ve seen.

I strongly encourage all of my customers to mat their vehicles and if possible with rubber mats. Most do, those that don`t have OEM carpeted mats which are a lot easier to clean than the carpet.

Lexuslover
08-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Used to own a 98 Saab 900se. Leather interior, but the carpet was definitely a bear. It would take me a solid 2 hours to get dog hair to release from the fibers throughout the car. And sand never came out fully.

Stephan
08-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Used to own a 98 Saab 900se. Leather interior, but the carpet was definitely a bear. It would take me a solid 2 hours to get dog hair to release from the fibers throughout the car. And sand never came out fully.

Animal hair is a pain because it just seems like it becomes intertwined with the carpet or just glued to fabric seats. Sand can be an issue, I have found that when I attach the brush to my PC and have that going it brings the dirt to the surface...as I am doing that I am also holding a vacuum so I get everything the PC picks up.

Pander5
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
I hate the short nap carpet in the back of Ford Expeditions. I have a customer who uses her Exp for family trips to the beach and the Christmas tree hauler. Sand, christmas tree "needles", her daughters hair etc. all get locked into that carpet! I bought a pet brush just for these carpets.

southerndetail
08-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I say the Toyota Prius

Bobcat
08-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Short story, my thousand dollar Electro-SUX crapped out (for the 4th time) it`s a canister type and the power head broke - last time was post warranty so I now use it for the mini-power head on brutal carpet, that spinning brush is the cat`s arse!