PDA

View Full Version : Vaporwax

Pages : [1] 2 3

JaredPointer
08-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I have been having a blah morning, so in an effort to get a smile out of myself I pulled up some old threads and came across good ole Pittman`s Vaporwax. So I scooted on over to the site, and read a little bit. I`ll copy and paste for you...

FRIGHTENED CAVEMAN POST "VAPORWAX WARNING" ON AUTOPIA " BUFFING HARD WAX ON YOUR PAINT" FORUM

WHY?...... MIND CRIPPLING FEAR, JUST LIKE THEIR REACTION WHEN THEY FIRST SAW FIRE.
WITH THE ADVENT OF VAPORWAX, THE CAVEMAN SEES THE WORLD AS HE KNOWS IT, COMING TO AN END.
BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT VAPORWAX IS SAFER THAN WAX OR POLISH. ANYONE CAN PUT A PROFESSIONAL SHINE ON THEIR CAR IN MINUTES
NO SPECIAL SKILLS, POWER BUFFERS, BUFFING, WASTE, MESS, SWIRL MARKS, BUILDUP, DULL SPOTS, YELLOWING, ELBOW GREASE, COMPLEX INSTRUCTIONS
SEALERS OR MULTIPLE STEPS. THE APPLICATION IS EFFORTLESS AND , VAPORWAX WILL NOT HARM THE FACTORY FINISH LIKE WAX & POLISH.
******THE UNIQUE VAPORWAX MIRROR LIKE SHINE IS INSTANT, LONG LASTING AND CONSISTENT IN ALL TEMPERATURE.******+

THAT WARNING WAS POSTED IN 2007
TODAY MANY OF THOSE FORUM MEMBERS HAVE BECOME DIE HARD USERS OF VAPORWAX AND GIVEN UP USING HARD WAX ON THEIR VEHICLES.
THE UNDERSTANDING TODAY IS PRESERVATION OF THE FACTORY FINISH IS THE OPTIMUM WAY TO KEEP A VEHICLE LOOKING NEW, NOT BY REMOVING IT AND
REPLACING IT WITH COMMON OLD FASHION YELLOWING WAX, AS MOST CAVEMEN WOULD LEAD YOU TO BELIEVE.

WE WON`T MENTION THE NUMEROUS PROBLEMS THEY ARE HAVING WITH THEIR ARCHAIC PRODUCTS, THEIR FORUM MEMBERS DO THAT WELL ENOUGH.
THE FACT THAT THEY NEED A FORUM TO EXPLAIN HOW TO USE THEIR PRODUCT IS EVIDENCE.
NOW IN A FUTILE EFFORT TO CATCH UP, ONCE AGAIN THEY ATTEMPT TO PULL THE WOOL OVER YOUR EYES BY CALLING THEIR PRODUCT AN ACRYLIC SEALANT.
THIS IS THE SAME OLD POLISH THEY HAVE BEEN PUSHING SINCE 1979. ONLY NOW ITS SUDDENLY BECOMES AN ACRYLIC SEALANT, YET THESE CAVEMEN FELT
COMPELLED TO POST AN INTERNET WARNING ABOUT VAPORWAX ACRYLIC PAINT CONDITIONER.
We find that incredible.
WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER
SAVE YOUR NEW CAR FACTORY FINISH, TIME AND MONEY WITH PITTMAN ORIGINAL VAPORWAX APC 360ID.

I wonder who the "many forum members" are that decided to start using Vaporwax. Oh well, I thought it was good for a chuckle. Just thinking about it makes my mind "crippled with fear."

Caveman JP

JaredPointer
08-26-2009, 09:34 AM
http://www.ibc34.com/sitebuilder/images/INFINITEDES-575x476.jpg

I like how the side treated with Vaporwax is the side that just happens to be conveniently out of direct sunlight. :D

It`s also funny when people use cell phone camera pictures for advertising purposes.

JaredPointer
08-26-2009, 09:35 AM
WAX IS YESTERDAYS NEWS, MODERN DAY CAVEMEN TRY TO KEEP THIS ARCHAIC PRACTICE ALIVE.
THEY RALLY IN PROTEST AT THE VERY MENTION OF VaporWax.
LIKE THE EXTINCT DINOSAUR, THE CAVEMAN SEES HIS WORLD COMING TO AN END

Ronkh
08-26-2009, 09:36 AM
It`s an acrylic conditioner i bet.

JaredPointer
08-26-2009, 09:39 AM
The "customer" reviews are a hoot too...

....A week after I treated my car it rained all day. I got up the next day
and washed my car with plain water and dried it off.
The shine was still there. Its been two weeks and my car still shines
Charles Ansini Lorraine, FRANCE

Two whole weeks?!?!?! Wow, that`s serious business there...

Beemerboy
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Vapor-filler-wax

Beemerboy
08-26-2009, 10:03 AM
I should also add that is one of the busiest web sites I`ve ever seen!

JaredPointer
08-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Doing a "vaporwax" google search leads me to some other funny tid-bits.

One, where they are explaining a step-by-step how to on keeping a black car black, step 4 is like apply Vaporwax for a shine that lasts months. then, step 5 is something to the effect of Vaporwax is a 30 day treatment. You should reapply every 30 days. :D

Bunky
08-26-2009, 10:17 AM
It just shows you how big the car appearance market really is. It is so broad there is room for many many sellers. With the limited selection at the OTC level, this leaves a lot of opportunity through all the various channels (internet, car shows, etc). These forums do not represent anywhere near a general view on anything.

We are in a much smaller subset of the population (DC, Autopia, AG, etc) and do not reflect much on the overall industry but the market is so large everyone can make money at this....just look at all the custom brands.

Stephan
08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
I like this:

VaporWax IS A NEW GENERATION ACRYLIC PAINT CONDITIONER WHICH UTILIZES LIQUID OPTICS TO ENHANCE THE OUTPUT OF LIGHT IN PAINT.

Liquid optics...I think they just randomly put words together... If it wasn`t so expensive I would buy it and post results...

Bobcat
08-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Well, PT Barnum said it best,"there`s a sucker born every minute" and I truely believe you could take the most average product and with the right marketing, get rich, at least for a while.

Bunky
08-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Look at this way.

People have a few decent choices but not everyone would just buy them so it does not take much to develop a product that could outperform or provide a new experience to a person. This is the art of selling. It is just not just about the product but just having access to the person buying the process and able to engage them to buy.

Why does Nu Finish sell a lot? They are sold everywhere.

Bobcat
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Alright now, don`t you go bad mouthin NuFinish - some things in the south are sacred like Elvis, that first kiss with yo cousin, and Nu Finish

Tuckermatic
08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Look at this way.

People have a few decent choices but not everyone would just buy them so it does not take much to develop a product that could outperform or provide a new experience to a person. This is the art of selling. It is just not just about the product but just having access to the person buying the process and able to engage them to buy.

Why does Nu Finish sell a lot? They are sold everywhere.

I agree.
Some people just join the herd. What ever is popular at the time is the herds choice.
There are a lot of new products on the market that are more advanced than what the herd likes to feed on.
Detail city is following the lead of Autopia in attempting to discredit a product that they admit they have never tried.
That makes this an incredible forum.
I think if a product is really bad there would be testimonies and pictures all over the internet attesting to that.
However that is not the case.
It was sold on Ebay one of the toughest sellers markets online. Their feedback system can make or break a seller.
Out of hundreds of feedback there is not one that left a negative remark about VaporWax.
No where on the internet can you find a forum or person who actually used VaporWax complaining about it.
Just certain individuals agreeing with each other about a product they admittedly know absolutely nothing about.
WHY?

cheapshot
09-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Advertisement is very powerful!