PDA

View Full Version : pressure washer and carpet

dolfans
08-25-2009, 09:29 PM
the carpet for my truck needs cleaning.i was wondering if i could use a pressure washer on it.i have it out of the truck.it is red and i have a small pressure washer thanks

Beemerboy
08-25-2009, 10:12 PM
the carpet for my truck needs cleaning.i was wondering if i could use a pressure washer on it.i have it out of the truck.it is red and i have a small pressure washer thanks

First glad you said it was out already:D

Yes its OK...make sure to vac up the best you can,then spot clean / spray the stain areas. Use a good plastic brush to clean and loosen up those areas.

Then with low pressure you can PW the carpet. Then use your shop vac to suck up all the water you can and let set in the sun for a few hours...if you can get it off the ground all the better for airing out.

Stephan
08-26-2009, 05:06 AM
Just set the pressure washer on a wide spray not a direct stream, or you will find fibers flying everywhere. Like Dave said hang up the carpet vertically if possible to help drain the water and then take a shop vac for the excess.

Cody_2ZZ
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
^^^ X2, you want the wide-spraying nozzle as to not fray your carpet, depending on what kind it is. Where I work doing detailing, we remove the really bad carpets, vacuum them up as best as we can, let some sort of all purpose cleaner set in, and then spray it out with the pressure washer. Always works wonderfully but I have had to go through the process twice with really touch stains.

Stephan
08-28-2009, 10:40 AM
I just want to add that it is essential that you get all the water out or your going to leave your self setup for mold.

dolfans
08-28-2009, 11:55 AM
if i do use a pressure washer,and a wet dry vac.i plan to hang it on a cloths line to finish air/sun drying