PDA

View Full Version : spare tire care

dolfans
08-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I have a van with the mini spare tire underneath it. I am just curious if anyone cleans them and with what. I have waxed the wheel and used the tire shine that stays on after it rains. I cant think what the names is though. Thanks

JaredPointer
08-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Every so often I do an undercarriage cleaning and I will drop the tire and do a thorough cleaning on it. Other times I spray it down with the all in one tire foam like you mentioned.

Beemerboy
08-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I pull my spare tire every six months now...last summer the wife calls me from a parking lot, she was out shopping at got a flat tire...It was on my BMW so I took off to change the tire, as I was running some real expensive rims...I got the tire off no issue, put the spare on and it was at 50% air pressure:eek::eek:

Thanks god there was a Costco right there and I was able to limp the car over for some air...

Never again will that happen. So I pull my spare out clean and check the air pressure.

jammerz101
08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
I pull my spare tire every six months now...last summer the wife calls me from a parking lot, she was out shopping at got a flat tire...It was on my BMW so I took off to change the tire, as I was running some real expensive rims...I got the tire off no issue, put the spare on and it was at 50% air pressure:eek::eek:

Thanks god there was a Costco right there and I was able to limp the car over for some air...

Never again will that happen. So I pull my spare out clean and check the air pressure.

That is a very good tip. When you get a flat not everyone is as lucky as you were that day. Thanks for the tip.