PDA

View Full Version : A good non-slick, non-sticky dash/seat protectant/dressing?

Deutsch Marques
08-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Detailing the interior of my two cars, I used up the last of my Vinylex. One car has leatherette (vinyl) seats, and both cars have all the dash and plastics to clean and protect. Vinylex is okay, and leaps better than something like ArmorAll, but I just don`t care for the slick/sticky feeling everything has after I`m done.

I`d like some suggestions for an interior protectant/dressing that will leave the dash and `ette seats clean and smooth, without looking shiny or being slick or sticky. I`m sick of leaping to catch my GPS as it slides off the dash and flies out the window!

I`ve got some other Poorboy`s products, and they seem very popular on the boards. I`ve been using the PB Trim Restorer on the rubber door seals and window trim, but think it would be too slick on stuff like seats and dashboards. I was thinking about getting the PB Natural Look Dressing, but wanted some feedback first. I don`t use the stuff enough to buy lots of different brands and try them all out.

Beemerboy
08-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Poorboys Natural Look is the one that I like the most, if you are looking for the matted look, buff the area after using a cotton towel

njcarting1
08-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Poorboys Natural Look is the one that I like the most, if you are looking for the matted look, buff the area after using a cotton towel

X-2 HANDS DOWN NOT GREEZY...:yay

Mr. Clean
08-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Natural Look is what primarily what I use on vinyl, plastic (and as noted in another thread, leather steering wheels). It is also what I use to treat door/trunk seals.

Buffed down, it is not shiny, but clean surfaces w/o texture are slick. I don`t know how to get around that. I find the same for cleaned and treated leather seating. You kind of slide in and out very easily for the first several days. The surfaces are definitely not greasy, but slick they are.

Lexuslover
08-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Just to throw out another option, I have been using 303 aerospace protectant on my dash and interior. I don`t use it on the leather seats (letherique Pristine clean) and it leaves a nice matte finish with no overly slick feeling to the dash.

From what I have read, the PB natural look smells better, but I have not tried it to give a comparison of the two. When I run out of 303, I will probably try the PB natural look myself. Just wanted to give another option which I feel would meet your criteria.

Ronkh
08-03-2009, 11:53 AM
X-2 HANDS DOWN NOT GREEZY...:yay

atkinsonair
08-03-2009, 11:59 AM
x-5 nl is the way to go for that.

glen22
08-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I use both products mentioned above and I like the 303 because is has uv protection also.

vwgtivw
08-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I use both products mentioned above and I like the 303 because is has uv protection also.

So does PB`s Natural Look
poorboysworld.com (http://www.poorboysworld.com/natural-look.htm)

G.T.Subie
08-03-2009, 04:48 PM

x567

I waited too long to start using it.

glen22
08-04-2009, 10:42 AM
So does PB`s Natural Look
poorboysworld.com (http://poorboysworld.com)
good to know I guess I didn`t read my bottle. :D

9D4E420
08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Don`t forget Leather Stuff can be used in dashes and interior trims. I have a friend who uses it on his entire interior. He buffs it with cotton and it looks great not too shiny.