PDA

View Full Version : How do you know a product is bonding ?

G.T.Subie
07-26-2009, 05:56 PM
So I was using PB pro polish and applied some EX-P after the polish.
I was just curious as to how you know the LSP product is bonding to the paint correctly.

Oh then it poured likea other, and the car still looked good.

Ronkh
07-26-2009, 06:15 PM
I believe (so let others chime in) After a few days you would see splotches or streaking that would not come out with mf and qd. Not sure but I believe this is correct.

G.T.Subie
07-27-2009, 06:11 PM
I have seen that in the past but not since I`ve learned what and how to use cetain products.

RTexasF
07-27-2009, 07:02 PM

What does this mean or say? I`m lost with it????

Redwings97
07-27-2009, 08:45 PM
What does this mean or say? I`m lost with it????

he meant to say it poured (rained) like a mother - and the vehicle`s finish was still nice.. :rockon

Redwings97
07-27-2009, 08:46 PM
So I was using PB pro polish and applied some EX-P after the polish.
I was just curious as to how you know the LSP product is bonding to the paint correctly.

You should be fine with PP followed by EXP.

As to your main question, I do not know the answer.

G.T.Subie
07-27-2009, 09:09 PM
he meant to say it poured (rained) like a mother - and the vehicle`s finish was still nice.. :rockon

:bigups iPhone posts can be tricky but that`s what I meant

Troy@Protekt
07-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Good question.

You know by the fruit of your labor and with the knowledge that you followed the correct steps.

Some products are going to bond better than others simply due to their chemistry. Some products require a dry time before you can wipe the excess off. These products will show different signs of being ready to be wiped off too (bonding). Some will haze to show they are dry and some will dry clear and you tell they are dry because they won`t smear when swiped.

When I apply my LSP. Many times I use a machine that leaves very little excess if any to be wiped off. Therefore the only sign I have that it has bonded is how well it holds up. Keep in mind that properly bonding to the surface is just one factor to the durability of a product though. So if it didn`t hold up, improper bonding is only one possible cause.