PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to remove LSP

Pages : [1] 2

G.T.Subie
07-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I want to do a coat of EX-p and then Red but I need to remove the red that`s on there.

Beemerboy
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
I want to do a coat of EX-p and then Red but I need to remove the red that`s on there.

Clay would be what I would do.

How long has the wax been on the car

CharlesW
07-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Since you seem to be a Poorboy`s fan, Polish with Sealant would seem like a natural choice.

Just curious, why are you using both the EX-P and then topping it with the Natty`s.
Seems like one or the other would be sufficient.
Then you wouldn`t have any problem adding more LSP.

atkinsonair
07-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Charles he may want to join the wax wasters club.I also topped my ex with nattys blue and red. I must say it came out great.

Ronkh
07-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Since you seem to be a Poorboy`s fan, Polish with Sealant would seem like a natural choice.

Just curious, why are you using both the EX-P and then topping it with the Natty`s.
Seems like one or the other would be sufficient.
Then you wouldn`t have any problem adding more LSP.

I love the look of a wax over a sealant. Just adds that certain look. And he`s seen my car. :wow:

CharlesW
07-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Charles he may want to join the wax wasters club.I also topped my ex with nattys blue and red. I must say it came out great.
Wouldn`t you have gotten the same look with just one of the Natty`s?
If you don`t care for the look of the EX, then skip it and go right to the Natty`s.
If you don`t care for the look of the Natty`s Blue, then skip it and go right to the Natty`s Red.
Chances are good that any of them will last 4 to 6 weeks and you will probably be doing it again before then, anyway. If they don`t last the 4 to 6 weeks, then I would be looking at something else to use.

In case you haven`t guessed, I`m not a fan of "topping" a wax or sealant. My LSP is just that. My Last Step Product. :)

Gus-Gus
07-16-2009, 06:53 PM
i think what you are looking for is a bristle brush... and then an acrylic paint conditioner.

G.T.Subie
07-16-2009, 07:16 PM

:rockon

The red has been on the car since the PB detail weekend but I`ve added a coat or 2 :crazy2:

I guess I`ll just clay it, easy enough and I`m out of Brilo pads.

Ronkh
07-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Wouldn`t you have gotten the same look with just one of the Natty`s?
If you don`t care for the look of the EX, then skip it and go right to the Natty`s.
If you don`t care for the look of the Natty`s Blue, then skip it and go right to the Natty`s Red.
Chances are good that any of them will last 4 to 6 weeks and you will probably be doing it again before then, anyway. If they don`t last the 4 to 6 weeks, then I would be looking at something else to use.

In case you haven`t guessed, I`m not a fan of "topping" a wax or sealant. My LSP is just that. My Last Step Product. :)

I love the look of a wax topping a sealant.

:rockon

The red has been on the car since the PB detail weekend but I`ve added a coat or 2 :crazy2:

I guess I`ll just clay it, easy enough and I`m out of Brilo pads.

Try this first.

Do PWS by hand, no real pressure. then ex-p.
Bet it works. Know how I know......?

Someone once told me to try it. :cheers:

G.T.Subie
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM
:(I don`t have any PWS.

Ronkh
07-16-2009, 07:36 PM

you`re only a day away.

Poorboy
07-16-2009, 07:37 PM

now that is sad :(

Ronkh
07-16-2009, 07:44 PM
i`d bet that if you ordered it tomorrow you;d have it saturday. (depending how far south you are in nj)

G.T.Subie
07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
i just don`t know what applications I would need it in beside this.
Enlighten me :D

Ronkh
07-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Here ya go.

i just don`t know what applications I would need it in beside this.
Enlighten me :D

Try this first.

Do PWS by hand, no real pressure. then ex-p.
Bet it works. Know how I know......?

Someone once told me to try it. :cheers: