PDA

View Full Version : Detailer Line

cheapshot
07-10-2009, 06:26 AM
I was thinking about picking up some PRC,Hyper Dressing and a few others from the Meg`s Detailer Line.

I don`t know what apc would be best.
APC or APC+?

What car wash?

Wheel Brightener?

anything else you guys might recommend?

RaskyR1
07-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I was thinking about picking up some PRC,Hyper Dressing and a few others from the Meg`s Detailer Line.

I don`t know what apc would be best.
APC or APC+?

What car wash?

Wheel Brightener?

anything else you guys might recommend?

Hyper Dressing rocks!

PRC works well but has a learning curve. I personally like M66 better since it`s so easy to use.

APC+ is what Mike Phillips seemed to suggest going with between the two. (APC+ is low foaming...APC is not)

Wheel brightener works well, just use caution with it.

Last Touch is a great detail spray and clay lube.

The D120 glass cleaner is by far the best I`ve ever used....and I`ve tried a lot of them.

cheapshot
07-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Hyper Dressing rocks!

PRC works well but has a learning curve. I personally like M66 better since it`s so easy to use.

APC+ is what Mike Phillips seemed to suggest going with between the two. (APC+ is low foaming...APC is not)

Wheel brightener works well, just use caution with it.

Last Touch is a great detail spray and clay lube.

The D120 glass cleaner is by far the best I`ve ever used....and I`ve tried a lot of them.

what apc would be used for what? I most often use it for lower exterior panels, wheels, whels, quick shots in door jams, so really for paint, wheels, plastic. I sometimes use it for bad carpet areas.

I have too try PRC because I think it`s more abrasive then 66? I think it would finish better on most beaters.

Wheel Brightener isn`t safe on all wheels?

I have last touch and I love the stuff, S&W and LT are my fave spray products.

D120 how does it smell? Dilution ratios? I was going to try the nxt glass cleaner but can`t find it locally? any ideas? I have been using IG and 20/20 for a while now.

RaskyR1
07-10-2009, 12:00 PM
what apc would be used for what? I most often use it for lower exterior panels, wheels, whels, quick shots in door jams, so really for paint, wheels, plastic. I sometimes use it for bad carpet areas.

I have too try PRC because I think it`s more abrasive then 66? I think it would finish better on most beaters.

Wheel Brightener isn`t safe on all wheels?

I have last touch and I love the stuff, S&W and LT are my fave spray products.

D120 how does it smell? Dilution ratios? I was going to try the nxt glass cleaner but can`t find it locally? any ideas? I have been using IG and 20/20 for a while now.

I use APC on interior vinyl and some leather. I will use APC+ on carpet since it won`t foam up. I also use it on tires, wheel wells, jambs, and engines.

If you have to pick just one to start with for your arsenal of detailing supplies, APC+ is going to be a better choice as long as you don`t want or need the foaming characteristic.

I feel PRC is more effective at removing defects than M66 and it has the same SMAT abrasives as M105/M205. Pad choice and amount of pressure will vary the aggressiveness...M66 is just much easier to use. I have and still use both though.

Wheel Brightener is not safe for all wheels.

D120 smells like grape Kool-Aid and mixes 10:1. It cuts fast and evaporates quickly, which is great if you live in a humid area. I have yet to hear someone not like D120 once they`ve tried it.

Mr. Clean
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I`ve been wavering on the D120 vs the Zep. The longer I waver the lower my supply gets. I`m going to have to make a move one way or the other soon.

Both products have their fans and neither seem to have any detractors.

RaskyR1
07-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I`ve been wavering on the D120 vs the Zep. The longer I waver the lower my supply gets. I`m going to have to make a move one way or the other soon.

Both products have their fans and neither seem to have any detractors.

I used Zep back around `96...can`t really recall how well it worked though. I do know it didn`t smell like grape Kool-Aid! :drool:

Mr. Clean
07-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Ha! So I add to the balance scales...smell vs. drive time. HD is closer than the paint store or the Meg`s distributor. Hmmm... What an enviable situation to find myself. :)

Almost forgot, the paint store also has the AutoMagic glass cleaner.

cheapshot
07-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Mr. Clean, I am surprised why no one uses auto magic stuff on the boards. I used a few on there products, they work pretty well.

Is the PRC, like 205, with carnauba?

Could you go from 105, to PRC?

Mr. Clean
07-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Mr. Clean, I am surprised why no one uses auto magic stuff on the boards. I used a few on there products, they work pretty well.

Some do, they just aren`t talked about all that much. I`ve used their car wash soaps, and the 777 APC. IIRC, the Dress-It line used to get talked about a fair amount. And then there are lots of ClayMagic users.

cheapshot
07-13-2009, 02:16 PM
the triple seven APC smells like black cherry, and works well. I just want to try something new. How does APC+ smell?

RaskyR1
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM

Is the PRC, like 205, with carnauba?

Could you go from 105, to PRC?

The cut of PRC will be similar, but don`t expect much it terms of durability. I believe it has a blended wax in it.

You should be able to follow up M105 with PRC just fine, but it will depend on the pad used with M105. I`d say as long as you didn`t use anything more aggressive than an orange LC pad you will be fine.

cheapshot
07-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Rasky what does APC+ smell like? and what dillutions do you use for what?