PDA

View Full Version : My boat

Pages : [1] 2

JaredPointer
07-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Thought I`d share a few pics of my boat. Not really detailed - this is just after a wipedown after I had it out this morning.

Not too bad for a 1996 model.

atkinsonair
07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Nice Jared. Is that a 150 horse on there?

JohnHenry
07-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Those bass don`t stand a chance! Great lookin` boat.

Ronkh
07-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Cool. If the rain keeps up, we could use it in our neighborhood.

sal329
07-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Great lookin boat Im jealous

Mr. Clean
07-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Nice boat, truck, and stand of trees. :D

Redwings97
07-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Nice Jared. Is that a 150 horse on there?

Yes - that is a 150.

JP - Extremely clean - nice shine even on the console. The carpet looks new.

RTexasF
07-05-2009, 07:13 AM
It`s about time we got to see that rig.....very, very nice. The jack plate helps that hull immensely in the performance area.

Mr. Clean
07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
These lyrics came to mind this morning. A tip o` the Resistol (or Stetson) to Mr. Lyle Lovett.

If I had a boat
I`d go out on the ocean
And if I had a pony
I`d ride him on my boat
And we could all together
Go out on the ocean
Me upon my pony on my boat

JaredPointer
07-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Yes, it`s a 150. With me and all my fishing gear, it will run somewhere in the 60`s (MPH). Not all that fast compared to a lot of other boats, but fast enough.

The carpet is brand new. My dad and I put it in this spring. It was one of the things on the to-do list.

When I bought the bought, it was in pretty rough shape cosmetically. The hull and motor were in sound condition, but boy was it dirty. I still have a list of things I`d like to do still (new and bigger trolling motor, new fishfinders, etc) but all the cosmetic work is done and she is pretty clean now.

If anyone is ever in the area, I am always looking for people to go fishing with me. :D

Mr. Clean
07-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes, it`s a 150. With me and all my fishing gear, it will run somewhere in the 60`s (MPH). Not all that fast compared to a lot of other boats, but fast enough.

The carpet is brand new. My dad and I put it in this spring. It was one of the things on the to-do list.

When I bought the bought, it was in pretty rough shape cosmetically. The hull and motor were in sound condition, but boy was it dirty. I still have a list of things I`d like to do still (new and bigger trolling motor, new fishfinders, etc) but all the cosmetic work is done and she is pretty clean now.

If anyone is ever in the area, I am always looking for people to go fishing with me. :D

Believe me, 60mph on the water is plenty fast enough :D You`d better have a tight grip on you hat and sunglasses, keep looking straight forward and down turn your head sideways.

I`ve never made it to AL before, but if I did, a fishing trip with you would surely be a highlight! Of course about all the fishing I do anymore is with a 5 wt fly rod.

JaredPointer
07-05-2009, 03:20 PM
It`s about time we got to see that rig.....very, very nice. The jack plate helps that hull immensely in the performance area.

Anything else I can do the help it any farther? :D

RTexasF
07-05-2009, 03:34 PM
You can always play with props and jackplate settings but those 18` rigs ran pretty good right out of the box. A water pressure gauge in the dash (for the engine) is an absolute must if you ever plan on raising the jackplate. You can only starve the water intakes on an outboard one time :surrender

Your plans for a stronger trolling motor and upgraded electronics sounds like a winner. An onboard battery charger (plug into the wall) for all three is always a good move if you don`t have one. The better ones charge all to full then maintain without overcharging. They can also charge the cranking batery and the deep cycles at the same time all at the correct rate.

JaredPointer
07-05-2009, 04:13 PM
You can always play with props and jackplate settings but those 18` rigs ran pretty good right out of the box. A water pressure gauge in the dash (for the engine) is an absolute must if you ever plan on raising the jackplate. You can only starve the water intakes on an outboard one time :surrender

Your plans for a stronger trolling motor and upgraded electronics sounds like a winner. An onboard battery charger (plug into the wall) for all three is always a good move if you don`t have one. The better ones charge all to full then maintain without overcharging. They can also charge the cranking batery and the deep cycles at the same time all at the correct rate.

Got a PSI gauge and an on-board charger. The on-board charger sure does make it easy on me. :)

I ran my setup by some guys on Bass Boat Central forums, and they said my setup sounds pretty good and that I am getting about what I should expect with the stock 2.5L. I am pretty pleased with it, but it couldn`t hurt to tweak it out some more. :inspector:

Redwings97
07-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Anything else I can do the help it any farther? :D

Yeah - I will take it in on trade for a Ranger bass boat :rockon.

The rig looks good JP. Not much more tweaking you can do on the engine. I am sure the 60+ mph is bout all you are going to get out of it. If you have any questions regarding trolling motors or electronics, let me know. It is kind of what I do for a living, well at least for now.