PDA

View Full Version : Wetsanding and a PC

RobertP
06-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Has anyone ever polished out an area that you wetsanded with a PC?

A week ago I worked on a old jag that needed a few spots wetsanded , I hit them with some 2k grit and then polished them out with my PC, an orange pad, and some PB SS2.5, now the paint was a single stage enamel that responded well, but I am curious how well a newer two stage urethane paint would respond to the PC after a sanding? I have a couple spots on my black Suburban that could use a little sanding and just wondering if I can have the same results or will I have to pull out my 1920`s rotary? (its big and mule driven:))

bigron62
06-28-2009, 09:53 PM
try it out and let us know

Troy@Protekt
06-29-2009, 03:41 AM
try it out and let us know

I agree. If you wet sand properly you should be able to get 2000 marks out with a few passes. If you aren`t getting them then resort to your rotary.

JaredPointer
06-29-2009, 07:42 AM
I`ve done it several times. It can be done. Just be patient and be prepared for several passes.

cheapshot
07-01-2009, 07:18 PM
it could be done, but should be your last resort. Do you have pics of the areas that need sanding?

PC, SSR 2.5 and an orange LC should do the trick. remember to use a nice amount of pressure, and move slowly.

Paul Sparks
07-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Went to a little gettogether in Evansville In. a month or so ago at which surbuf pads were used after wet sanding a base coat clear coat hood.Demo was given by the host (PorscheGuy) and then allowed to try try a hands on effort . Was impressed at the ease at which the sanding marks were removed with the PC.
Paul

RobertP
07-01-2009, 10:24 PM
thanks for the replies guys. sorry I didnt update, been really busy lately.

I had a place on the top that had a scuff , so I hit it with some 2000 grit and went at it with the same PC process that I used on the Jag, turned out great.