View Full Version : What to use on light "hazing?"

Pages : [1] 2

2upFZ1
06-26-2009, 06:21 PM
On our 2006 Lexus there are these little scratches, not even close to being as bad as swirls, and I can only see them in direct sunlight. Not even my 2mil candlepower spotlight can get them to show up in the garage. But in direct sunlight I can see these little things circling the sun. Kind of look like a spiders web arounf the sun. But when I move my head they move also, so they aren`t even scratches/swirls.

Help!!!!

Should I use a something that cuts very light (ala Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7? (1 on their scale of 1-12 for cut)

Or go as far as their Swirl Free Polish Light Cut #82? (3 on their scale of 1-12 for cut)

Or Poorboys SSR1? (equals Meguires 3 on their scale)

G.T.Subie
06-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Do you have a polisher or trying to do this by hand ?

bigron62
06-27-2009, 06:54 PM
yea we need more info

2upFZ1
06-29-2009, 09:55 AM
I have a DA polisher. I don`t know if it`s what people mean by "holograms"?

Beemerboy
06-29-2009, 12:37 PM
If you have a DA I would use a polishing pad and something like PB P-w-S or P-w-C its a milder polish that SSR1 and will leave the finish in good condition

2upFZ1
06-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I`ve got the PWC and used it, albeit lightly. The PWC is a chem cleaner whereas PWS looks slightly more aggresive and might do the trick.

If not, at least I`ll have another product in my arsenal right?

Beemerboy
06-29-2009, 01:05 PM
I`ve got the PWC and used it, albeit lightly. The PWC is a chem cleaner whereas PWS looks slightly more aggresive and might do the trick.

If not, at least I`ll have another product in my arsenal right?

The P-w-C and P-w-S are the same polish and they are not a chemical base...the Pro-polish is a chemical polish and another one that would work just fine with your DA

2upFZ1
06-29-2009, 01:41 PM
I assumed that the PWS wasn`t chemical because it is the only one of the three that say removes swirl marks. They all say they remove light scratches, I guess that would tell me that if they can remove a scratch, then they would work on swirl marks. Or the hazing/holograms that I have. Duh on me.

I should probably use the PWS because I am putting EX-P over it. Then a layer of Natty`s. If at all with the heat here in Vegas. Supposed to be 109 degrees today!

Beemerboy
06-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Do you have any of Steve`s glaze?

After the polishing, before you seal...use your DA with a finishing pad and med speed and glaze the car slowly...that will fill in any swirls that are left and leave the car with a mnuch better finish

2upFZ1
06-29-2009, 02:01 PM
DO you have a link to Steve`s site?

Beemerboy
06-29-2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.poorboysworlds.com

He is one of the site sponsors

2upFZ1
06-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Stupid me didn`t put 2 & 2 together. I don`t have any of his glazes, do you mean the SSR`s? I think I`ll order the PWS, White Diamond, and just to be sure I`ll get the SSR1. One of those will get rid of these halo`s around the sun`s reflection.

Beemerboy
06-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Stupid me didn`t put 2 & 2 together. I don`t have any of his glazes, do you mean the SSR`s? I think I`ll order the PWS, White Diamond, and just to be sure I`ll get the SSR1. One of those will get rid of these halo`s around the sun`s reflection.

The WD is his glaze for lighter colors...good stuff

If I where you start with claying the car, then polish using the P-w-C or S and see how that looks...if you need something stronger head for the SSR1...the glaze, seal and wax

2upFZ1
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry, I have clayed it, then used PB`s PWC, then put on EX-P. But I am seeing these little expanding circles when looking at the sun`s reflection. I guess I should have put that in my original post.

The paint is smooth as a baby`s butt (love the PWC & EX-P), but I want to get rid of these hazing/holograms/whatever they are. Maybe I should use the PWC again and take a little longer polishing when applying it.

holland_patrick
07-01-2009, 10:12 AM
the little expanding circles are swirls...

this is really bad but is this like what your seeing?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/IMG_5305Medium.jpg

this is what it was when it was finished

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/IMG_5312Large.jpg

some still there just smaller