PDA

View Full Version : Tonneau protection?

PennyPinchr
06-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I have searched quite a bit about this, but I can`t seem to find anything. I can see there are a lot of different choices for tonneau cover cleaners. Are there any good cleaner/protectants? What would be a good product for protection from the elements? This is the roll-up type cover. Thanks in advance for all of the help! :rockon

atkinsonair
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
I would say a good apc first, then apply poorboys trim restorer.

PennyPinchr
06-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Thank you for the quick reply!
I already have TR, soo BONUS! I also read about 303 and PB BnB. I have BnB but not 303. Would either of these be better for protection than PB TR? The tonneau already has a little cracking around the corners by the tailgate.

Pats300zx
06-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I would clean the cover really good with something like Meg #39 and follow up with 303. Thats what I have been using on mine for the last 5 years and it still looks brand new.

Poorboy
06-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Thank you for the quick reply!
I already have TR, soo BONUS! I also read about 303 and PB BnB. I have BnB but not 303. Would either of these be better for protection than PB TR? The tonneau already has a little cracking around the corners by the tailgate.

you can use the TR or BnB ..the advantage of BnB would be that i would spray it, then use a soft nylon brush which would do some cleaning, and then buff with a cotton towel or two ... the advantage being, it will be cleaner and dressed in one application.

atkinsonair
06-18-2009, 01:47 PM
If i may ask, doesnt b&b wash away faster than tr,i would think longevity would be the key. B&B washes off my tires in the rain.

Poorboy
06-18-2009, 01:50 PM
If i may ask, doesnt b&b wash away faster than tr,i would think longevity would be the key. B&B washes off my tires in the rain.

yes and no ... different type of material ;)

jking
06-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Estang Tonneau Tonic is the best thing I have found, holds up to the rain and doesnt streak down the bed sides.