PDA

View Full Version : Wheel sealant?

99tl
06-17-2009, 01:02 PM
What`s the consistency of the wheel sealant?
I received it back in December (I think?) and used it for the first time around March. I prepped the summer wheels for my car. I was very impressed by how easy it went on and off. Durability is great.

I just used it again on my wife`s car yesterday. When I opened the container it had a small puddle of water/moisture in it. The consistency was like cream cheese. Is that right? I thought the first time I used it. It was much thicker.

Thanks

Poorboy
06-17-2009, 01:17 PM
What`s the consistency of the wheel sealant?
I received it back in December (I think?) and used it for the first time around March. I prepped the summer wheels for my car. I was very impressed by how easy it went on and off. Durability is great.

I just used it again on my wife`s car yesterday. When I opened the container it had a small puddle of water/moisture in it. The consistency was like cream cheese. Is that right? I thought the first time I used it. It was much thicker.

Thanks

sounds like it might have froze ..where was it kept?
no matter the current consistancy, you can stir it up and it will still work fine ...

99tl
06-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the quick response.
It was stored in a finished/heated basement. It still went on and off easy. It was difficult applying thin layers since it was so creamy. Would it help to stick it in the fridge for a little while?

Poorboy
06-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the quick response.
It was stored in a finished/heated basement. It still went on and off easy. It was difficult applying thin layers since it was so creamy. Would it help to stick it in the fridge for a little while?

no the only way would be to heat it up and then let it settle ...