PDA

View Full Version : EX Machine Application

ACE
03-07-2004, 06:06 PM
As much as I love EX because it works so well when hand-applied, today I tried it applied with a Griots red waxing pad and the PC and everything I love is amplified - gloss, depth, ease of use, lack of streaking. Here`s a pic - nothing fancy: clay, Griots Machine Polish 3 applied with an orange pad and EX applied with the red pad. The results were as perfect as I could possibly imagine.

ACE
03-07-2004, 06:10 PM
One more shot of the roof. Nice to work with a sealant that doesn`t stain trim!

Dr Groove
03-07-2004, 06:14 PM
ACE...Do you have a Porter Cable, and if so what was the speed you used to apply the EX? I`d like to try machine application as well but thought it could be only applied by hand.
Thanks.

ACE
03-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Yes - I used a PC set on about 3. I really don`t think it`s that critical. Just worked the stuff well into the paint, let it sit for about 20 minutes and wiped... excuse me - DUST off. Couldn`t be easier.

Poorboy
03-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Yes using a pc will spread the EX really well:bigups also it`s a good way to save time if you are going to top it with Natty`s or ?
if you are going to do layers of EX then do the next ones by hand:D

ACE
03-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the tip. I don`t think i`m going to layer EX over it though. Looks too good as is. Maybe a coat of Crystal Guard just to seal in what I already have. So many choices. I honestly think machine application looks so good, I don`t have any burning need to layer. When I applied it by hand, as good as it looked, it never seemed to have the depth the machine application gave. Maybe it`s the thinner application worked deeper into the pores of the paint? I will say, I used so little EX with the PC, this bottle will probably last me 5 years!

JimS
03-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by ACE

I used so little EX with the PC, this bottle will probably last me 5 years!

Well now...THAT will be bad news to Steve! Spreading anything over a full sized extended cab pu truck with a hard tonneau is a LOT of work...tooo much area to cover.....so I`ve used the PC most of the times that I`ve applied EX and it works great. I`m always thrilled and the shine is still remarkably clear and bright now and the last application was in early October. Still beads great and looks great. :jump :bigups