PDA

View Full Version : Here`s a Delima You Don`t See Everyday

Beemerboy
06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
As some of you know my FIL passed away last year...My MIL and my SIL finally got around to getting the head stone.

MIL picked out what she wanted and then the two of them signed off on it and it was put into place this last week.

Everyone feeling a bit rested over finally getting this done and in time for fathers day.

One slight problem, what my MIL and SIL didn`t catch was his birth date is one day off:eek:

I want to find humor in this but can`t...I`m not sure what they will do now.

njcarting1
06-08-2009, 01:36 PM
As some of you know my FIL passed away last year...My MIL and my SIL finally got around to getting the head stone.

MIL picked out what she wanted and then the two of them signed off on it and it was put into place this last week.

Everyone feeling a bit rested over finally getting this done and in time for fathers day.

One slight problem, what my MIL and SIL didn`t catch was his birth date is one day off:eek:

I want to find humor in this but can`t...I`m not sure what they will do now.

Check your im for info.:D

Ronkh
06-08-2009, 01:39 PM
No humor in it really.
Just an unnecessay expense.

Beemerboy
06-08-2009, 01:57 PM
NJ

Thanks for the info and your expertise in this....sounds like its not as bad as it looks

dave40co
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
My FIL passed away 4 years ago. I used to live in Chicago. One thing he always asked us was," Did you winterize your cars?" It was a question that came out of his mouth every year about the middle of Sept. We went back to Chicago to bury him on a mostly cloudy day in Sept. While at the graveyard service, during the Priest`s prayers we heard a noise that sounded like a helicopter coming from behind the clouds. It emerged and turned out to be a blimp with a lighted rotating message at the bottom. It read, winterize your cars! Needless to say my wife, 2 BIL, MIL and myself started laughing. We received a lot of dirty looks from the priest and others at the service. After the service we explained to everyone why we were laughing. How ironic it was, as if he was, once again letting us know. My point here is that there may be a reason for the mistake.

I do believe that the people that made the headstone can easily fill and re-rout the correct date into the stone.

Sorry for your loss, Dave.

Beemerboy
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
My FIL passed away 4 years ago. I used to live in Chicago. One thing he always asked us was," Did you winterize your cars?" It was a question that came out of his mouth every year about the middle of Sept. We went back to Chicago to bury him on a mostly cloudy day in Sept. While at the graveyard service, during the Priest`s prayers we heard a noise that sounded like a helicopter coming from behind the clouds. It emerged and turned out to be a blimp with a lighted rotating message at the bottom. It read, winterize your cars! Needless to say my wife, 2 BIL, MIL and myself started laughing. We received a lot of dirty looks from the priest and others at the service. After the service we explained to everyone why we were laughing. How ironic it was, as if he was, once again letting us know. My point here is that there may be a reason for the mistake.

I do believe that the people that made the headstone can easily fill and re-rout the correct date into the stone.

Sorry for your loss, Dave.

That`s a great story and thanks

We have a resident expert on this njcarting1 his father is in the business and was kind enough to PM, we talked and what they can do is a epoxy fill and then re blast the new number

Ronkh
06-08-2009, 05:29 PM
That`s a great story and thanks

We have a resident expert on this njcarting1 his father is in the business and was kind enough to PM, we talked and what they can do is a epoxy fill and then re blast the new number

Great. Glad for you.