PDA

View Full Version : Nasty brown tires after rain

Pages : [1] 2

njcarting1
06-01-2009, 05:58 PM
I am looking for some input on my tire dressing problem.After I dress and drive in the rain they end up brown after drying.

Is this a case of wrong product,application or just the way it is.:inspector:

G.T.Subie
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Are they Kumho tires ?

CARTfan
06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
What type of dressing are you using? If it`s a silicone based dressing, it sucks the carbon black, and oils out of the tires resulting in cracking and brownish residue on the tire. Use water based dressings to prevent this. I`d get some Westley`s Bleche White to clean them or other good tire cleaner, leave it a few days without dressing it, then reclean, then dress them.

Ronkh
06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
What he said ^^^

njcarting1
06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Goodyear`s,Michelin`s,Hercules, seems like they all got disease.

Ronkh
06-01-2009, 06:15 PM
It`s the tired dressing you`re using.

Get something else.

I apply pb bnb with a paint brush

Beemerboy
06-01-2009, 06:16 PM
What type of dressing are you using? If it`s a silicone based dressing, it sucks the carbon black, and oils out of the tires resulting in cracking and brownish residue on the tire. Use water based cleaners to prevent this. I`d get some Westley`s Bleche White to clean them or other good tire cleaner, leave it a few days without dressing it, then reclean, then dress them.

This was what I was going to say!

G.T.Subie
06-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I had kumho Ecsta and they would brown over time no matter what,thats why I asked.
But it seem like it`s the dressing.

njcarting1
06-01-2009, 06:20 PM

Get something else.

I apply pb bnb with a paint brush

I hate to say this BUT THATS WHAT I AM USING AND THATS HOW I APPLY THE STUFF. It just started happening the first fue applications were great in the rain.Could it be I need to do an extra tire wash with apc and see what that does?? I use apc every time and the tires are clean before every dressing application.

I have no idea....

Ronkh
06-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I hate to say this BUT THATS WHAT I AM USING AND THATS HOW I APPLY THE STUFF. It just started happening the first fue applications were great in the rain.Could it be I need to do an extra tire wash with apc and see what that does?? I use apc every time and the tires are clean before every dressing application.

I have no idea....

Yeah, try an apc wash. that`ll help.

Ronkh
06-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah you can blame dboy on bimmerfest (hi dave) :lol2: cuz thats who I learned it from.

Ronkh
06-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Could it be too much mud from the maine rains ?

njcarting1
06-01-2009, 07:21 PM
now I will just clean wait a wash or two and redress.I love the stuff just wanted to know if others had the problem.

Must be the dirty rain in Maine,NH,MA, who knows...

Thanks Guys, :D

Poorboy
06-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I`m thinking that there is still APC left over if it`s not the rain. Try cleaning the tire with just BnB and a brush and then rinse it off....

tmacsad
06-01-2009, 09:31 PM

Get something else.

Yeah try some CRISCO :notme:

Only kidding... :D