PDA

View Full Version : Free Dealership-Installed Swirls!

OCDinPDX
05-23-2009, 06:30 PM
While I was out of town, my dad took his BLACK Acura RL in for an oil change and remembered far too late to tell them not to wash it. This is a car I perfected last May and was able to maintain it near-perfectly until now. The result? Free swirls!!! This is the damage just ONE dealership courtesy wash will do to a car that was damn near swirl-free before. :wall :mad: :(

Now he wants it detailed back to snuff once the drains are done. Money in the bank. :bigups

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/lovemysantafe/IMG_6363.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/lovemysantafe/IMG_6364.jpg

JaredPointer
05-23-2009, 06:44 PM
All it takes is once....

Pockets
05-23-2009, 06:48 PM
DAMN thats not cool man....i have some deep ones left in my truck too that PWS just wouldnt get out. They used the Brush and it prob had some rocks in it or something =(

OCDinPDX
05-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks, guys.

But the thing that really dumps salt on the wounds is somebody told me the dealership in question likely used the local tunnel wash swirl-o-tron. It makes sense as the car wash is right down the street from the dealership but still, I would rather not have known that...:cry:

flash gordon
05-23-2009, 08:33 PM
:wow::inspector::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: Holy Moly Shags, What does that place Wash with, a Broom:D

Well lets look at it this way. Now it will be easier for Pops to justify gettin up off that wallet:bigups

Your probally gonna need a half dozen new pads and a few "NewStuff" waxes....:notme:

Looks like your gonna be a busy boy:rockon

shuddleston
05-23-2009, 11:41 PM
The sad part is they think that is a good customer service washing your ride and drying it with one of those military towels that repel water.

audiboy
05-24-2009, 12:28 AM
It`s really sad to see a higher end dealership do that to a nice vehicle. They all think they`re doing us a huge favor when all they`re really doing is creating a lot of work for us. Wouldn`t it be nice if we could charge them for our time while we fix their mistakes. Maybe even throw in a rediculous labor cost to throw it back in their face.

OCDinPDX
05-24-2009, 03:18 AM
The sad part is they think that is a good customer service washing your ride and drying it with one of those military towels that repel water.

It`s really sad to see a higher end dealership do that to a nice vehicle. They all think they`re doing us a huge favor when all they`re really doing is creating a lot of work for us. Wouldn`t it be nice if we could charge them for our time while we fix their mistakes. Maybe even throw in a rediculous labor cost to throw it back in their face.

Yep. The people who don`t take care of their expensive cars think it`s great. Those of who take care of our cars find it to be a burden.

Garry Dean
05-24-2009, 07:41 AM
You got those for free? Mine take sweat and elbow grease.

Dealerships should just pay their detailing departments more and offer free training classes. Maybe if they did that their guys might care more and have a clue!

OCDinPDX
06-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I am this close >< to going down to the dealership and beating these idiots with my buffer. This car has been kicking my ass all week and it STILL looks like absolute crap. I think I`m going to blow my money on the Makita and quit this wheel-spinning with the random orbital for all correction. It`s a great machine but it just doesn`t get the job done.

sal329
06-04-2009, 03:18 PM
What have you been using to correct the paint? Black Honda paint is usually very soft.

OCDinPDX
06-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I`ve been using my Griot`s buffer but I`m placing most of the blame on the stupid Halogen light I was using. It would exaggerate every little flaw that I couldn`t correct 100% and made the car look terrible. Out in the sun, it looks fabulous.

I just completed a post-polish wash down to get the dust and residue off and ready the surface for UPP. Then the wind kicked up and blew dust all over the car from the neighbor`s house construction. :wall

dirtbustersmd
11-22-2010, 09:58 PM
i have a 2010 Range Rover I do weekly washing. After it came back from service a few months back, there was grease on both doors running from the mirrors. Its been a couple months now and its still coming out. The mirrors were making a grinding sound when closing, so the dealer found it smart to lubricate....now it takes me an extra 20 minutes to clean this crap off every week. Sure would be nice to bill them!!

TGWAW
01-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Some one should tell them that sand paper is not the proper medium to wash a car with. I wanna see after pics!

Pockets
01-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Some one should tell them that sand paper is not the proper medium to wash a car with. I wanna see after pics!

:rofl:lol2: