PDA

View Full Version : It`s official!

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Clean
05-19-2009, 04:24 PM
There is a new ride in the drive! I didn`t want to say anything before everything was finalized, but just faxed off the final loan papers, and called up my insurance agent.

I am the proud owner of an `08 Ford F-150 FX2 Sport. It is used, but only 17k miles.

Exterior Paint Color - White
Interior - Black w/red accents
PW, PL, Power drivers seat (no memory)

I`ve been demo`ing the unit since Saturday. Picked it up in the R-A-I-N late Saturday morning. It had already been to the detail shop. I know! They didn`t do the paint any injustice. The tire dressing and interior dressings were not fun, but I think all the exterior got was a glaze. I say that because Sunday the sun came out and I proceed to re-do their work. Pre-wash, in the rain the paint was beading tightly with good height. Post wash, the beading...not so much.

This was not a detail - Really just a wash/general clean-up so I could get to know the vehicle and find and blemishes I missed during the initial quick walk around.

Sorry no pics (you know me)
Interior:
O Light vacuum - Detail shop appears to have extracted. I saw the vehicle immediately at initial delivery and it wasn`t very dirty to begin with.
O Brush/3M lint remover for our She-Boxer`s contribution :)
O Light APC bucket rinse to remove detailer installed dressing
O PB`s NL on all vinyl surfaces

Exterior:
O Wash tires/wheels/wheel wells - Pre-spray w/APC 4:1 and wash w/2x carwash solution and various brushes.
O Spray w/PB`s BnB and scrubbed again w/tire brush and rinsed
O "Rubbed" BnB into sidewalls w/terry covered applicator
O 3 Bucket Wash - DG carwash w/multiple grout sponges
O Dry with WW MF and PB`s S&W to spot clean the "bits and pieces" of left over road grime/gunk. There were quite a few. S&W and a MFT took care of most all w/o having to resort to Bug Squash. :bigups
O Went over the entire vehicle (and there`s a lot of it) w/PB`s QD+ - SWEET! So easy to use and the scent doesn`t hurt a thing. :)
O Glass interior/exterior - Sprayway w/blue huck towel.

As I said this was no detail. That will be forthcoming now that is officially mine.

JaredPointer
05-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Congrats man. :) All that researching paid off!

9D4E420
05-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Best of luck with the new truck:bigups Hope it gives you many years of pleasure free driving.:)

Garry Dean
05-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Congrats on the new ride!!!

flash gordon
05-19-2009, 05:28 PM
White=Smart Man:bigups

Congrats Mr. Clean:rockon

rabbi
05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
:bigups Mr. Clean.:passout:

G.T.Subie
05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Good luck with the new ride

Pockets
05-19-2009, 06:26 PM
CONGRATS FELLOW F 150 MAN!!!!!! Welcome to the group there is a great fourm called F150online (http://www.f150online.com) that i belong to that has just about everything that you need 2 know about your truck. Again congrats on the truck :yay:yay:ra:ra:jawdrop::dance2:dance2:dance2:dance 1:dance1:excited::excited::excited::headspin:heads pin:headspin:super:super:party::thewave::thewave:: thewave::thewave:

Scott P
05-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the new to you truck. It`s always a good feeling to have something new to play with.

Mr. Clean
05-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks all! I am so happy to have a p/u back in the fold. You never know how much you miss one until it`s gone. :(

JP, luck of the draw actually. Yes, I did a lot of research, but that didn`t even figure in to the final outcome. Remember last year (wasn`t it?) me inquiring about your impression of your Tacoma? He just happened to come up with 2 FX2 Sport SuperCabs and 2 King Ranch SuperCrews. One of the King Ranch vehicles had more miles than I wanted, and the other had like 10K and was priced out of my desired price point. I felt very lucky to pick up such a clean unit. Clean used p/u w/low miles and priced "right" are more rare than hens teeth around here.

Is Flash Gordon posting on Pockets` user id? :D Flash, you are so....subdued. :D

Pockets, thanks I will check that out. I`ve lurked on a couple of Ford forums (there are several) over the course of the last year. I`m glad for a solid recommendation.

Poorboy
05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Congrats on the new truck ..:bigups

I guess you are :yay and :dance1:excited::ra:surfing:party::dance1:excited: :D

sfu7274456
05-19-2009, 08:24 PM
It`s awesome to see someone make the right choice. I hate to see another person get sucked into a dodge or worse yet a chevy. :yourrock

Post up some picks so we can all :drool:

Congrats!!!

Mr. Clean
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Poorboy, when you reach a certain time in life, you find it hurts the next morning if you do all of that. :D

sfu, Sorry to disappoint, I`m one of maybe three folks that don`t post photos on the internet. You can check back to my join date...not a shot one. :surrender

This is the best I can do:
2007 Ford F150 FX2 Sport SuperCab in Oxford White Photo No. 4446541 (http://gtcarlot.com/gallery/4446541.html)
Differences mine is an `08, my door handles, tailgate handles, and fuel filler door are body color. Also I have the "stock" FX2 wheels. Too bad they don`t have any interior photos. It has the bucket seats w/console and floor shifter. The seats are nice and comfy.

flash gordon
05-19-2009, 11:40 PM
CONGRATS FELLOW F 150 MAN!!!!!! Welcome to the group there is a great fourm called F150online (http://www.f150online.com) that i belong to that has just about everything that you need 2 know about your truck. Again congrats on the truck :yay:yay:ra:ra:jawdrop::dance2:dance2:dance2:dance 1:dance1:excited::excited::excited::headspin:heads pin:headspin:super:super:party::thewave::thewave:: thewave::thewave:

:jawdrop:I`m glad I take this Learnin/Teachin thing Serious,unlike some^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:notme:

Congrats on the new truck ..:bigups

I guess you are :yay and :dance1:excited::ra:surfing:party::dance1:excited: :D

Where do you pick up this kinda behavior....:D

sal329
05-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Congrads on a nice truck, I really like the F series