PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Water Tank/Pump Set-Up

ajnavo61490
05-17-2009, 02:58 AM
I did a little research and I think I got the combo down right. However, before spending money on it I wanted to double check that it would work.

Water Tank: - Plastic-Mart - (http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?item=2436)

Pump: SHURflo On-Demand Diaphragm Pump — 3 GPM, 12 Volt, 1/2in., Model# 2088-343-135 | 12 Volt Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment (http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_527_527?cm_vc=C5503)

Troy@Protekt
05-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Most mobile detailers opt for a pressure washer for a couple of reasons. One, it is an effective tool for cleaning and second you use less water therefore allowing you to do more cars on a tank full of water.

Even with the same gpm rating as some pressure washers you will find yourself using quite a bit more water per car.

Having said that. This set-up should be sufficient enough to do a thorough wash on 2-3 cars.

If you are trying to keep expenses low than you might think about finding an empty 55 gallon plastic drum from a car wash or dealership. It won`t be as pretty but at least the water capacity is close to the same and many times you can get one for free or next to nothing.

ajnavo61490
05-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Most mobile detailers opt for a pressure washer for a couple of reasons. One, it is an effective tool for cleaning and second you use less water therefore allowing you to do more cars on a tank full of water.

Even with the same gpm rating as some pressure washers you will find yourself using quite a bit more water per car.

Having said that. This set-up should be sufficient enough to do a thorough wash on 2-3 cars.

If you are trying to keep expenses low than you might think about finding an empty 55 gallon plastic drum from a car wash or dealership. It won`t be as pretty but at least the water capacity is close to the same and many times you can get one for free or next to nothing.

thanks for the input troy

I have a pressure washer and its only 1.3 GPM so thats about 52 minutes of continuous water pressure... I plan to get some new buckets and get tops for them so I can fill them up with water before I leave for a job to save water.

shuddleston
05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
The Flotec brand available at Home Depot works well also and you wouldn`t have to order it. About the same price and actually pumps more.

Tex Star Detail
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
you may be able to get a tank cheaper at a Tractor Supply store. Or if you have a feed and farm type store around, ask them. (no shipping if you buy local) Also, if you use a pressure washer, you may not need a pump. I didn`t with my last pressure washer, and don`t with my new one.

dr_detail
05-20-2009, 12:41 AM
That should do the trick.... It`ll give you about the same pressure as a water hose. Might be better though (maybe a bit more of a "professional" apperance) to step up and invest in a good quality, high pressure washer. Although the gpm`s of the small electric are the same as many h-p washers, the higher pressure will make quick work of gettting the vehicles clean.

just my $0.02