PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid washing

CharlesW
05-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Many of you know that I`m a big Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe fan, but am hesitant to use it on a really dirty vehicle.
Since the rinseless washes became so popular, I have been using them a lot and with good results.
The one thing that was frustrating about rinseless washes was the amount of wash solution I had on the garage floor after doing the wheels and tires. It seemed like it was twice as much as what ran off during the rest of the wash process.

As usual, I have to write a book so bear with me. :)

Today, after doing the body panels, I did the wheels, tires, and wheel wells with Spray & Wipe and Bold N Bright. Very nearly no wash solution on the floor. I doused the areas pretty heavily so there was some run-off, but not much. Next time, I will use less and there probably won`t be any mess on the floor.

I have been doing the waterless wash thing for about 7 years and the rinseless washes for a couple of years and it took me all that time to realize it doesn`t have to be one or the other. The combination worked great.
Now I`m curious how it will work using S&W above the belt line and the rinseless wash on the lower panels where most of the heavy accumulation of dirt seems to be.
Gee, maybe I`m on my way to the 5 minute wash. :yay
Not likely, but it might be a little easier, a little less messy, and possibly even a little faster. :)

flash gordon
05-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Charles,
Sounds like you have a system down that works well for you.:bigups

I have personally never used either method, but if it is good enough to suit your fancy, then maybe it is something I should give a try.:rockon

blk45
05-16-2009, 04:05 PM
That`s far from a book Charles. Nothing but necessary information. Well done as usual sir! Thanks for sharing. Glad you found a good solution.