PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Well Dressing Question

Pages : [1] 2

M0nk3y
05-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Hello All,

I`ve come to the point where I need to place another order at autogeek. I picked up a few misc things, and one on my list is some sort of dressing for the wheel wells.

The cars I have detailed in the past, I just used some Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine, and rubbed some on there, and removed it leaving a matte finish to it.

However, I believe there has to be something better to use for these areas.

I was looking through autogeek, and I came across the Meguiars Silicon-Free Dressing in gallon size. Has anyone had any experience with this?

If not, do you guys reccomend anything that would be better/easier/more cost effective way?

-Kyle

flash gordon
05-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Hello All,

I`ve come to the point where I need to place another order at autogeek. I picked up a few misc things, and one on my list is some sort of dressing for the wheel wells.

The cars I have detailed in the past, I just used some Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine, and rubbed some on there, and removed it leaving a matte finish to it.

However, I believe there has to be something better to use for these areas.

I was looking through autogeek, and I came across the Meguiars Silicon-Free Dressing in gallon size. Has anyone had any experience with this?

If not, do you guys reccomend anything that would be better/easier/more cost effective way?

-Kyle

Meguiars Hot Shine/Available Everywhere for $5 a bottle:bigups

JaredPointer
05-13-2009, 09:10 PM
$1 per can tire foam at Wal-Mart works for me.

flash gordon
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
$1 per can tire foam at Wal-Mart works for me.

Yes, For the wheel wells go cheap.

Put the money you save from that and get some "New" ssr1 and ssr2 from poorboysworld.com:rockon

M0nk3y
05-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes, For the wheel wells go cheap.

Put the money you save from that and get some "New" ssr1 and ssr2 from poorboysworld.com:rockon

Ok, I didn`t know if Tire Shine was a resonable method for the wells.....

I already have M105 and Menzerna PG, SIP, 106FF, PO85RD sitting in my garage.

And I plan to get M205 on this order........:wall

flash gordon
05-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Ok, I didn`t know if Tire Shine was a resonable method for the wells.....

I already have M105 and Menzerna PG, SIP, 106FF, PO85RD sitting in my garage.

And I plan to get M205 on this order........:wall

Yes, Tire Shine(spray) works better then Foam IMHO.You will use less product and I find it doesn`t get all over the paint as bad.....When applying to tires spray a little around outside edge of tire,then get a sponge applicator,spray sponge and wipe on. After thart pull car up 1-2 feet and wipe smooth(get bottom side of tire):bigups

As far as the Menzerna....The New ssr1 and ssr2 are gettin ready to make Menzerna look like turle wax.:rockon

M0nk3y
05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Yes, Tire Shine(spray) works better then Foam IMHO.You will use less product and I find it doesn`t get all over the paint as bad.....When applying to tires spray a little around outside edge of tire,then get a sponge applicator,spray sponge and wipe on. After thart pull car up 1-2 feet and wipe smooth(get bottom side of tire):bigups

As far as the Menzerna....The New ssr1 and ssr2 are gettin ready to make Menzerna look like turle wax.:rockon

I just needed methods for the wells, trust me. I got my methods for my tires I dress.....I prefer the Water-Based Dressing on the tires.....

Menzerna looking like Turtle Wax? :wow:

They still gotta beat M105 and the KB method

flash gordon
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
I just needed methods for the wells, trust me. I got my methods for my tires I dress.....I prefer the Water-Based Dressing on the wheels.....

Menzerna looking like Turtle Wax? :wow:

They still gotta beat M105 and the KB method

Yes I figured you knew how to apply dressing, but maybe a visitor to "Tha City" didn`t.

And as my :buddies Jared once said "Who is Kevin Brown? and exactly what is his method":bigups

audiboy
05-13-2009, 10:18 PM

Don`t get me wrong, I love PB`s products as well, but that`s a really bold statement. Any proof to back it up, or is this just your opinion?

flash gordon
05-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Don`t get me wrong, I love PB`s products as well, but that`s a really bold statement. Any proof to back it up, or is this just your opinion?

Yes a bold statement....That is what I`m known for

I have just recieved my "New" ssr1 and ssr2 and tommorow will be the "True" test.I am gonna do a side by side. So maybe a little premature.....but I`m chomping at tha bit to find out.:yay

audiboy
05-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I would just ask that you either have proof to back it up or clearly label it as your opinion. Bold statements without anything behind them often lead to a large injustice being done.

flash gordon
05-13-2009, 10:48 PM
I would just ask that you either have proof to back it up or clearly label it as your opinion. Bold statements without anything behind them often lead to a large injustice being done.

:wow: You always seem to get an attitude
Let Me ask you one question Soldier...
1)Active Duty
2)Honarable Discharge or (maybe as I suspect)
3)Dishonarable Discharge

BenzDetailer
05-14-2009, 04:21 AM
Goto the Chemical Guys Site and look at there dressings - Great Selection and for that really finished look on the Wheel Wells you just can`t beat "BARE BONES".

njcarting1
05-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Like many have said here CHEEP,CHEEP,is best in this area.Get a water base product because the silicone stuff pulls in to much dust and is over glossy.

What do you use under the hood could be great for wells.:cool::dnaughty

Jeremy
05-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I like hyper dressing diluted in the wells.I also like bare bones.